ENGLISH COMPANY LIVING IN FRANCE

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

ENGLISH COMPANY LIVING IN FRANCE

Post by CATALAN66 »

Hello Everyone,
Any help or suggestions are very much welcomed.

In short

My company is English and over the past 5 years i have submitted via my accountant my accounts and filed with companies house .

Now, the French government says, as i live here and working from France /home , that my company is controlled from here and i should be paying corporation taxes in France !. my activity is in France they say ?

But my clients are English travelling to France, hence paying French bills?

Thanks in advance

Do i have any rights under the European laws to live/work here but still own and English company and file all in England?
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ENGLISH COMPANY LIVING IN FRANCE

Post by mrob343 »

CATALAN66 wrote:Hello Everyone,

In short

My company is English and over the past 5 years i have submitted via my accountant my accounts and filed with companies house .

Now, the French government says, as i live here and working from France /home , that my company is controlled from here and i should be paying corporation taxes in France !. my activity is in France they say ?

Thanks in advance

Do i have any rights under the European laws to live/work here but still own and English company and file all in England?
Hi

I take it you are now full time resident in France ? If So ...?
Do you receive payments and undertake financial transactions with clients from within France ? Irelevant of whether they are English just visting from the UK?
If your answer is yes then you need to register your business here.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

To answer the question properly we probably need to know a few more details.

You can have a limited company registered in the UK if you live in France. You would file your company accounts in the UK. You should also file your income from that company in France.

However, if the company actually operates in France taking money here and providing services here, then that company should be registered here, not in the UK, as Rob has said.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Isn't there a similar problem with Ryanair in/out Marseilles and Ryanair stopped flying there. The tax authorities believe Ryanair should be paying taxes in France.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ENGLISH COMPANY LIVING IN FRANCE

Post by CATALAN66 »

mrob343 wrote:
CATALAN66 wrote:Hello Everyone,

In short

Thanks in advance

Hi

I take it you are now full time resident in France ? If So ...?
Do you receive payments and undertake financial transactions with clients from within France ? Irelevant of whether they are English just visting from the UK?
If your answer is yes then you need to register your business here.
Hi Thank you for the reply.
Yes, i live here with an Italian passport and my wife and kids are French .

No all transactions are in England via my website/paypal and clients send send cheques to my London Secretarial/accountants office (whom take registered mail, bank cheques and send me the bookings via email) .

but what i do from here is email my suppliers and call them from my French address.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

Santiago wrote:To answer the question properly we probably need to know a few more details.

You can have a limited company registered in the UK if you live in France. You would file your company accounts in the UK. You should also file your income from that company in France.

However, if the company actually operates in France taking money here and providing services here, then that company should be registered here, not in the UK, as Rob has said.
Hi,
Thank you for the reply.

Yes , you do mean my salary income ? i do do this in France. As a Director some months its up and some months nothing , so its not a fixed salary.But at the end of the year we subimitt with our personal tax form for the family.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

From the no replies , i take it i need a good French accountant or lawyer !.
Anyone know any of the above with good upto date knowledge of European laws?

cheers in advance
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I think you do need professional advice as your situation is not normal.

When I refered to income I mean all income, whether that is in the form of a salary, dividends or just taking money out of the company.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

Thank you Santiago,
Yes, even the French tax office said it was special and need to look at both sides before deciding.

Yes, totally declared the winnings and salary in France, but they are after the corporation taxes and controlling the company in France NOT in England!

So, do i shut up shop in England and file all here?

but do i receive payments into an english account/sterling or ask my English customers to goto the post office and make out euro cheques, which i am very worried, as i could lose alot of business, as its not convenient and not dealing with a registered company in their country.

If anyone knows in the region an accountant or solicitor, whom is upto date with all this, it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers