Seville

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Seville

Post by Sue »

Has anyone any recommendations on places to stay in Seville. I have some Oz friends who intend visiting there.
Dylan
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Great City,Sue. Firstly,I'd recommend somewhere within walking distance of the sights...Cathedral,Giralda,Alcazar etc. But if they have a car,I'd counsel against staying right in the old city as the streets are narrow and parking is either non-existant or pricey.

We've been a few times and usually stay in the NH Centro de Convenciones Hotel. 4* with cheap easy parking,comfy rooms,pool,and 10 mins walk to the sights/centre. Also quite reasonably priced for the standard of accommodation.

www.nh-hotels.com
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Seville

Post by Sue »

Thanks John, I just knew you would know!
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Seville

Post by Sue »

My Ozzie friends now say they would like to stay in Madrid too. Any info John or anyone else where to stay there.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
I stayed often at the Hotel Alcora. This is across the river and it's great if you have a car. You have free parking. They also have a navette from the hotel to the center of Sevilla. I think it's fairly often but I cannot remember. The hotel has a big swimming pool and other items like squash.

I always had a good price from them, since I worked for a Spanish company. You can see if you can arrange special prices normally.

I stayed at another place which I liked too. This is on the northern part of Sevilla. It's called Hotel Macarena (like the pop song). There's a small piscine on the roof, walkable to the center of Sevilla and bags of restaurants nearby. There are great clubs right on the side of the river and the late drinks are perfect.

I stayed in Madrid in a good hotel but it was quite expensive. I've never stayed on low budget hotels in Madrid.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Seville

Post by Sue »

Thanks Blackduff.
Dylan
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Sorry,Sue. Never been to Madrid.

But all the Spanish hotel chains are forever sending me stuff about deals at their Madrid properties.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
There's a web site called "Madrid Man". You could find this on Google. This guy has a good lock on cheap and/or nice hotels in Madrid. This site will please your friend.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.