English Speaking Vet near Millas and mid France?

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

ryanm63
Rank 2
Rank 2

English Speaking Vet near Millas and mid France?

Post by ryanm63 »

Hi

I have now acquired a dog (Parson Jack Russell)

Our main month stay in Millas will now include our dog (she will be staying home on our shorter trips)

I’ve got all the information on Pet Passport, have sorted all of her tests and treatments and now have the documentation for the Passport. I also know all about the procedures for getting back into the UK.

BUT, there are a few complications (like she has been chipped twice and has two identities (although only one showing on the main passport and the other as another distinguishing mark)… so, when we take her to the vets on route to return to the UK, I’ll have a bit of explaining to do. My French is less than brilliant and I’d rather take her somewhere where the vet speaks a little English.

So, I’m looking for two vets, one near Millas, for emergencies during our longer stays, and another mid France where I can take her on route to the UK… I’m thinking of places we’ve stopped over at in the past like: Limoges, Chateauroux, Clermont-Ferrand, Bourges.. or around these areas…… I’d appreciate it if anybody that’s done this journey before has any advice. Also any names of Vets would be great.
Regards

Malcolm
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Dr. Cyrille Martin at Thuir speaks reasonable English. No need for an appointment just turn up at the surgery on the Rte de LLupia (off the roundabout near Lidl) between 15h and 19h.

Russell.
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

We have used the vets @ Thuir for the last 4 years with no probs at all. They seem to have 2 vets with basic English.

You can get an AM appointment but you would need to book.

Steve
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

This is the Vets we use,

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=42 ... 15.57,,0,5

She speakes English and is a very pleasent person to deal with.