Barcelona airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona airport

Post by Sue »

We have to fly to Northern Ireland as my husbands mother is very ill. The only direct flight is with Easyjet out of Barcelona. How easy is it to get to this airport and is it a hair raising journey?
Dylan
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We did it once to pick up some friends.
It took ages but we had no problems finding the place or parking.
So it must be straightforward!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona airport

Post by Sue »

Thanks Polremy did you stay on motorway in direction of Tarragona ie going right round Barcelona and then turning back on yourself rather than going through it?
Dylan
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Erm - just ask sir!

Sorry, he can't remember.
It was long time ago now.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Really sorry to hear about Mr Sue's mum, Sue. :( :( :( :(

Send him my best wishes, please.

Hope this helps a bit with the travel question

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/seto ... elona.html

T

x
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona

Post by Sue »

Thanks Thumbers.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I have just asked Outie, he collected me from there last Sunday.

he said just keep on the Motorway and when it branches/splits just keep following the signs for the airport.........he said it is signposted all the way.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona

Post by Sue »

Thanks for that. But could you be a bit more specific as to when the autoroute branches where. Its me doing the driving (my husband has never driven in his life) and I am absolutely terrified of ending up in the middle of Barcelona!
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Just after you have gone through the peage as you start to enter the aglomeration the motorway splits into 3, you will see the signs.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Don't worry, Sue!

And if, by some bad luck, you end up going into the centre of Barcelona, it's NOT THAT BAD!!!!!!!! :D :D

Go to Google maps, and type in your itinerary. It give you every single step of the way. Print that off and Bob's your uncle.

You'll be fine!! :D
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona

Post by Sue »

Really sorry Opas but I think I am having a senior moment (it cant be a blonde one cause I have reverted to my natural grey/grey) but please tell me what you mean by aglomeration!
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona

Post by Sue »

Thanks Thumbers, my head isnt with it I am thinking driving, planes, dog in kennels and cats to be fed by neighbours, everything is one big blur. I take it Barcelona airport which goes under reference BCN is one and same as El Prat!
Dylan
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It's normal at a time of stress like this, Sue. Don't worry - everything will be fine.

Take everything calmly and step by step. Make a list and tick things off.

When are you leaving?
I take it Barcelona airport which goes under reference BCN is one and same as El Prat!
Yes - http://www.europe-airports.com/spain/sh ... p?code=BCN
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona

Post by Sue »

Probably go Tuesday or Wednesday. Need Monday to sort dog out and we were meant to be having a shower fitted and need to choose some extra tiles etc. Today is being spent on internet trying to sort flights. Still cant get into Easyjet and Im not at all certain I want to go from Barcelona.
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Sue
I drove quite regularly to the Prat airport (yes, that's its name, honest :lol:) before Girona Leeds started. It's all very easy, particularly at this time of year when the motorway is mostly very quiet, until you get to the first péage. after that you will come to a second péage, where you pay a fixed sum... then you enter the traffic. The only slightly hairy bit for befuddled drivers, of which I am one, is when you arrive, not long after the second péage, at the bit that heads of onto the ring road. If you miss airport signs, follow signs for the Ronda de Dalt (the ring road) which takes you virtually all the way to the airport. Once you are on this, you cant miss the airport signs. If you get lost, look out also for signs for the Ronda Litoral, the coastal ring road, which will also bring you within easy reach of the airport from another route. Try and avoid between 16h and 20h if you can, tho it is always quite crowded... but slow moving as the Spanish are quite respectful of speed limits, so not too worrying.

Personally, I used to take the train quite often too, leaving my car in Figueras, as it is cheap and easy. One change will take you straight into the airport - and you can read a book and relax. Much less stressful for nervous drivers, particularly if you already have enough to worry about.
Bon courage
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Barcelona

Post by Sue »

Thanks Kate
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

barcelona airport

Post by Sue »

Well the flights are all booked. If you never hear from me on the Forum again then please search for me and hubbie in the centre of Barcelona!!
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

barcelona airport

Post by Sue »

Well I have been to Northern Ireland via Barcelona airport returning last night. The drive to the airport was easy and took just over 2 hours (finding the off airport parking is another story but thanks to a kindly spanish gentleman who got in his car and said follow him, I think, we found it. We took an entirely different route than put forward by forum members and stayed on the A7 until just after Barcelona. Coming back we couldnt find our way out so (after a u-turn out of Sitges) followed signs "Girona" which took us towards Bartcelona through all the tunnels. All I can say is thank goodness it was Sunday as I would hate to see the weekday traffic!
Dylan
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Well done, you!!
I bet you feel proud of yourself now.
And quite right too.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Well done Sue!! :D :D :D :D

Hope Mr Sue's mum is OK? :?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

barcelona airport

Post by Sue »

Not good Thumbers. Dont think it will be long before we are going back again. By the way he is Ken!!
Dylan