Ceret to Carcassonne airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Dimetrodon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ceret to Carcassonne airport

Post by Dimetrodon »

Asking this a bit late in the day, as I am flying tomorrow morning. Can't believe that we are treating Newcastle as a holiday destination.
Any idea how long the journey to the airport should take?
Conflicting data on the Internet on just how far the distance really is.

I am thinking a couple of hours from Ceret.

Andy
Its one thing getting there, its another getting back.
www.powerblogtactics.com
www.andy-beveridge.com
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I should say less than that, Andy - around an hour and a half should be OK I would have thought (it must be around about 150 kms - 90ish to Narbonne, then 60ish from Narbonne. It's A9 to Narbonne, then A61 to Carcassonne.) The airport is about 10 mins from the motorway.

There was a thread about Carca airport the other week - here's the link.

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic9152.php

Have a lovely hol in Newcastle loooooooollll! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dimetrodon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dimetrodon »

Thanks for the reply. That sets my mind at ease.
Yes I think the weather in Newcastle is going to be slightly worse than here. I'm still walking around in shorts at the moment.

It is our first year here though. Everyone says that once you have been here for a couple of seasons you climatise and feel the cold a little more.

Newcastle will be different though.

Andy
Its one thing getting there, its another getting back.
www.powerblogtactics.com
www.andy-beveridge.com
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

ha ha!

Yes you do!

I remember our first September here, we took the kids to school wearing shorts and vests and laughed at the wimpy French wearing jeans and long sleeves.

The next September we were there in our jeans and long sleeves laughing at the new English people who were standing there in their shorts and vest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One Easter, I left the house wearing boots, socks, jeans, long sleeve tee shirt, jumper, coat and scarf, to bump into my English neighbour and his girlfriend wearing shorts and a bikini!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

When we visited Carcassonne city from Le Boulou the first time took an 1 hour 10 and the second time took 1 and a half hours due to traffic. You should be fine allowing 2 hours.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.