Carcasonne airport info please

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Carcasonne airport info please

Post by Kate »

I'm assuming it's just a titch. Now that naughty Ryanair have stopped doing Girona Leeds, this seems like the best alternative to go pick up my Dad. Am I right? Is it easy to get to from motorway? Can I leave car there?

Sorry. I don't suppose anybody expected the Spanish Inquisition. In fact....

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Yes Kate - Its very small!!
http://www.carcassonne.aeroport.fr/
Easy to reach from Carcassonne-Ouest autoroute exit - about 10 minutes.
Car parking is easy - right accross the road from the terminal.
When will you need to go there?
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Yes,Carcassonne airport IS small; It makes Perps look like Heathrow. Parking is right outside the terminal,and is quite cheap (certainly less than Girona).

They however have (in my experience at least) the most officious use of the Ryan purge on over size/weight cabin bags. You have to line up before security and have them checked. Miscreants are taken to task and fined.

Also,the departure lounge is, by no stretch of the imagination ,plush. Benches last seen in school dinner rooms are the seating of choice and there are no shops or cafés.
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

Michelin says :

Carcassonne
Time - 01h17 which 01h02 on motorways
Distance - 85 mi which 78 mi on motorways

I've had a couple of cancelled flights due to weather (mist), and Carcassonne airport tends to be a little strike-happy, too.

As a reserve, Ryanair also fly into Montpellier. A little further, but it is a proper airport !

Montpellier
Time - 01h38 which 01h22 on motorways
Distance - 108 mi which 102 mi on motorways

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com