Passport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Passport

Post by Sue »

I return to England just once a year and only realised last week that my passport runs out on the 10th August. About the same time my father told me my mother who is 88 is not well and of course I had a panic thinking what happens if I get called to England and I have no Passport. I spoke to the Careline in England to whom the embassy in France directed me. The very pleasant man I spoke to said if anything awful did happen to let them know and they would get me some sort of travel document to be picked up by me from the nearest embassy but in the meantime I should submit my application to renew. This I did posting the application about 4 pm Monday afternoon. This afternoon my new passport arrived by courrier. I was even telephoned yesterday from Paris to say I had not given the expiry date of my debit card which was accepted over the phone. The price may have been extortionate (but no extra for express delivery) but the service was second to none.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

It is brilliant to hear about the service they can pull off when it is needed.

Pity they got it wrong twice for us, the fist time they printed the wrong date of birth on daughters 5 year passport, then on the next renewal they were sent back to paris as the courier claimed he could not 'deliver' them, so paris sent them normal post et voila . A one year battle to get my courier postage back, but I got it in the end.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

Just for the record, as it was my company that would have not been able to deliver your passport and it was around the time your village was on my route, it wasn't me Opas! I'd have found it as an excuse to come round for a drinkie! :wink:

A great service Sue. Shows they can do it when they really need to.
"She knew the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing.