Car Hire

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Archies Beard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Car Hire

Post by Archies Beard »

I mentioned last week that it was impossible to book a car with Hertz through Ryanair when using the UK english language option but was possible with any other language. This has now changed and booking is possible but not advisable.

I put in identical bookings using UK English and Espana Castellano with disturbing differences. A Toyota Auris booked with English cost £270 with a mileage limitation of 1350km and .21p per mile thereafter. The same booking in Spanish is 229euro with 2700km and .10euro thereafter.

They seem to have different prices for all countries, puzzling but handy to know when booking.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I have noticed this too Archie,but in fairness,they are not consistent about it. There have been occasions when booking it through the UK tool is cheaper,and equally occasions as per you have found.

In my case ,living HERE,my need usually is to get car hire at Stansted,and pretty much in every case it's been cheaper to do that through the UK tool.

I'm surprised that there is a km limit and charge. Every time I'v bboked it's specified UNLIMITED km's.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

car hire

Post by Sue »

I went back to England 1st to 9th April and obtained a quote from Hertz at around £120+. I complained that this was too expensive and ended up paying £94 plus £10 for returning the vehicle to a different location than pick up.
Dylan
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Like us John, you book directly with Hertz, different set of rules than booking through Ryanair.