Le Boulou Bypass

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Now you're talking.
I'll be there tomorrow.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

just thought - maybe "bogoff" wouldn't necessitate too many stones being moved.
come on rob, you're much nearer than we are - think of it as a little projet!
Ian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ian »

That's the spirit. Please take a photo and post it here. Were off home very early via Carcasonne so will miss your handywork.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Ian wrote: Now, there were 6 workmen, well perhaps 4 workmen and two in charge and directing from the sidelines involved in the laying of large cobbles on the roundabout on the Perpignan side. At the end of the day its said BOULOU .

This wasn't the contractor who built the road, these are the landscape gardeners.

Didn't notice the Boulou in stones on my way to work, will have a look on my way home and report back lol.

WE HAVE SOME WHITE LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perpi end, anyway - but the white lining machine was there this morning! Perhaps we open tomorrow!!!!!
Eamon Avis
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Eamon Avis »

Perhaps it was a typo in the contract and it should have been 10 July. :D
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe you're right!

I was certainly cursing that it wasn't open this morning as I was poodling along behind some tourists at 40 kph! :evil: :D
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

thumbelina wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe you're right!

I was certainly cursing that it wasn't open this morning as I was poodling along behind some tourists at 40 kph! :evil: :D
Perhaps 10th June was correct but not this June.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nipped to Boulou at lunchtime and there, beautifully positioned in individual stones are the words

'Le Boulou'

clearly the locals don't have the same sense of humour as you two! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ian »

Or they are wiser than I thought and the reason it took so much effort is that they are cemented in place to prevent such devious behaviour.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Nah! That's not possible! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Le Boulou Bypass

Post by BT »

Hi,

Can anyone tel me if the bypass, when it opens, will make any difference to the journey to Argeles/St Cyp from the Girona direction?

Tks
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

thumbelina wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe you're right!

Know the feeling Thumbs ! :lol: Happens to me every day... :) :)
I've heard it's the 9th of July from few shop owner friends here in the village?? :)
Cheers
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Le Boulou Bypass

Post by thumbelina »

BT wrote:Hi,

Can anyone tel me if the bypass, when it opens, will make any difference to the journey to Argeles/St Cyp from the Girona direction?

Tks
None whatsoever - it's the opposite side of Boulou. From the exit of the autoroute you have the voie rapide all the way to Argeles.

And I've heard the 8th July Rob - and I know what you mean!! GGGRRRRR!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Le Boulou Bypass

Post by BT »

Thanks for clearing that up

BT
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

np :D
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Le Boulou Bypass

Post by mrob343 »

thumbelina wrote:
BT wrote:Hi,

Tks
None whatsoever - it's the opposite side of Boulou. From the exit of the autoroute you have the voie rapide all the way to Argeles.

And I've heard the 8th July Rob - and I know what you mean!! GGGRRRRR!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well 2 said the 9th Thumbs and 1 said the 8th..so i opted for the 9th ! :lol:
They also said there's going to be a street party for all the commercents of Le Boulou the day before it opens too !! :)
I guess they'll all know by this weekend..?? :wink:
Cheers

Ps .. Question of the day? :roll: Why do all the tourist drive Citroen Xsara's ...?? And go round rounderbouts 10 times ?? Or indicate to turn left, then turn right ! :lol:
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

And drive at 38 kph, and never look in their mirrors, and totally ignore locals trying to overtake, and .... and .... and .... :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Road rage is not good for the blood pressure Mrs!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

And drive at 38 kph, and never look in their mirrors, and totally ignore locals trying to overtake, and .... and .... and ....
Ah! So that was you behind me on the Le Boulou road yesterday!
Road rage is not good for the blood pressure Mrs!
Absolutely agree with Kathy - reminder the tale of the hare and the tortoise?? :lol: :lol:
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Tell me about it! :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm already in a bloody paddy by the time I get to work! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, Kate, I know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I allow one hour to get to work, if I'm early, great if I'm late, hard luck! My employers are very understanding about this fortunately. But they fully understand that over one hour to do 40 kms is pushing it! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The problem is that there is nowhere to overtake in the Vallespir and everyone going out for the day has to leave by the same road as those of us who have a living to earn.

Have to say, the department desperately needs tourists and we love to have them here, but we do pay for the privilege in other ways.... :?
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

thumbelina wrote:And drive at 38 kph, and never look in their mirrors, and totally ignore locals trying to overtake, and .... and .... and .... :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
they don't look in their mirror cos their too busy enjoying the scenery ahead of them... :wink:
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Anyone coming to the street party ???
12.00 € each, Tout compris !! :)
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Well!!!

Clearly the fete for the opening of the Boulou bypass was a little premature as the bloody thing was STILL not open this morning!!!

It LOOKS like it may happen today - which will be very welcome if it can make my journey to work a little quicker than the 1 hr 25 mins that it took me this morning, due to roadworks at Arles sur Tech, doddery old buggers from the 66 and a 20 minute bouchon at Ceret as they have decided to resurface the road today - deep joy!!
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

1hr 25 minutes is annoying, I can imagine the air was blue in your car.
If a flyer has gone out and people have paid how can it not open?
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

thumbelina wrote:Well!!!

Clearly the fete for the opening of the Boulou bypass was a little premature as the bloody thing was STILL not open this morning!!!

It LOOKS like it may happen today - which will be very welcome if it can make my journey to work a little quicker than the 1 hr 25 mins that it took me this morning, due to roadworks at Arles sur Tech, doddery old buggers from the 66 and a 20 minute bouchon at Ceret as they have decided to resurface the road today - deep joy!!
2.00 this afternoon is when the opening ceremony will take place so you should get home a little quicker this evening Thumbs ... :wink:
Well..with or with out the by pass you've still got doddery old buggers to contend with,i know what you mean with all the roadworks at Ceret,Arles etc and i have one more as the Serrralongue road is closed i have to get there via La Forge De Mitg, it took me 75 mins yesterday !!! :(
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

That's good news, Rob!

Except for
Just a reminder (and warning!) that it is the Feria in Ceret this weekend.

Don't expect to be able to move freely around Ceret - or along the national road - from this evening through until Sunday.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I'VE BEEN ON THE BYPASS!! :D :D :D :D :D
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

thumbelina wrote:I'VE BEEN ON THE BYPASS!! :D :D :D :D :D
So how was it for you LOL ! :lol: :lol:
Did you keep to the 90 speed limit..??
Cheers
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It was very good, thank you!

And yes, because I was following a 57! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Did the other way this morning!

It's GREAT!!!

Only fifty minutes to get to work - and that included following a camping car for several kms, and stopping to have a gendarme tell me that I'm clearly too old to go to the Feria so they wouldn't be breathalising me!!! ( :wink: )

The road is really pretty too - it goes through some lovely forest. :D

I'm chuffed to little mint balls! :D :D