Beziers

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

thumbelina wrote:lol! :D

Bog off Pol !! :D :D :lol: :wink:

I KNOW all of that!

But even you have to admit, two attempted landings - aborted at the very very last minute - is enough to test the confidence of even the most seasoned flier!!
yeah, but, no, but, ..... i had you down as someone who enjoyed a bit of excitement.

ps. please, miss/sir. she told me to bog off!
Archies Beard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Archies Beard »

Sometimes when I read through this forum which has a great amount of good information floating around, it can feel a bit like being in a new school playground and it is difficult to become involved in the general conversation.

Then when confronted with a comment like this which as far as I could see was completely unwarranted I think perhaps I will just read the info and stay on the sidelines as obviously I won`t be accepted either.

"When all is said and done it's your problem, not mine! But maybe I won't be so free at trying to be helpful in the future if all help rieceived as ungraciously!"

Many of us are not only looking for info for day to day life but we also need to join a place which is welcoming and understanding. Remember that this is a text based medium without body language or intonation.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Thank you for your words of advice, Archie. I'll bear it in mind when posting in future.

I would hate to be responsible for dissuading anyone from posting.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I think you are not being fair Archie. Thumbelina is one of the first to give a warm welcome to new members and has given lots of information and good advice numerous times.
I agree that at times things get silly, people have differences of opinions. are occasionally grumpy and perhaps react in a way they may reflect on later but it is this normal behaviour that gives life to the forum.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

...I have watched this forum grow from the beginning, and everytime there is an opportunity to give a sarcastic comment just because some member makes a comment tongue in cheek.....all of a sudden they come out of the woodwork and only want to join in if they can see a conflict brewing....how sad is that...yes opened myself for comments, but face bothered springs to mind... :roll:
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Remember that this is a text based medium without body language or intonation.
I think that this is the most important thing to remember on a forum! When we say something face to face, we smile, we grimace, we adjust our intonation, we giggle, shrug and wink....... to show that our words don't mean any harm. On the forum though, there is none of that and words meant lightly can be interpreted differently by different people because there is no no real clue to how they were meant to be received. I suppose smilies help a bit but not always easy to interpret either! Image
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:
Lanark Lass wrote: I have driven from Northampton to P.O. as well but it takes a long time - about 23 hours driving.
...that seems a long time, which way do you go?
Via Millau Bridge, Clermont, Chartrres, Rouen, Calais, Dover. M25,M!
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Have a look at skyscanner.net it's a really useful tool for finding the most convenient and cheapest flights.

The problem with cheap airlines is that they frequently change their schedules and that makes linking to other forms of public transport tricky.

PS: I can sort of see where Archie and his beard are coming from. Sometimes the forum looks like a very tight clique to the outsider and it can be intimidating.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

OK Santiago, whatever.

However, to my mind, if new people are coming on to the forum to ask for help, a modicum of courtesy would be normal, I feel.

I don't want heartfelt thanks lick my boots type stuff, but the tone of Lanark Lass's reply, was, I felt aggressive when I was only offering friendly advice.

By it's nature, a forum IS a clique. Anyone is at liberty to post. All newcomers are treated with friendliness and courtesy and help is always offered where possible.

Frankly, I rather resent Archie's comment about me but hey, I'm not going to have an argument in public with someone who doesn't know me about something as pathetic as this.

All of the important people in my life and on here know that I would always bend over backwards to help people and research answers to request for help.

Incidentally, Peter Mills is a new contributor to the forum. His first post asked for some information. He was given some help and he came back with a simple thank you message. That to me is what the forum's about. Hopefully, Peter will start and post regularly now and become a regular user and join the intimidating tight clique that we have on here.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

I am more than happy being a clique member if thats what I am, and I for one have had the pleasure of meeting Thumbs, and she is one of the most generous and welcoming women I have met...so like they say, don't judge a book by its cover.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:I am more than happy being a clique member if thats what I am, and I for one have had the pleasure of meeting Thumbs, and she is one of the most generous and welcoming women I have met...so like they say, don't judge a book by its cover.
i second that.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Golly, thanks Kathy, Marguerite and Pol - that means an awful lot! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

<3
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Hello again, Thumbelina.

I'm sorry you still think my post was aggressive. It was not meant to be.

I appreciate your info. on the Luton connection but I was and still am keen to know if anyone has experience of the Gerona - Birmingham link which would be a lot easier for me - particularly when my 90year old mum travels with us. I have to consider all the options and choose the best. If this comes over as aggressive, then I am sorry.

I very much enjoy my time in the P.O. and come over as often as I can - but family commitments mean I can't move over permanently as yet to enjoy it full time as many of you forum do.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Not at all, LL!! You and I had both sorted ourselves out a page and a half ago! :D I fully understand your situation. We used to have the same thing with my 87 year old nanny!

My post above is in my defence from the criticism from Archie and Santiago and explains why I was rather rude with my retort to you. (I did say I FELT your reply was aggressive, not that I FEEL your reply was aggressive :wink: )

Unfortunately it seems that some men nitpick and hang on to things longer than we girls! :lol: :roll: :wink: (JOKE CHAPS!!!!! Before the whole world comes tumbling down on me!!!!!!!!!!!)
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

chavland

Post by John & Elaine »

Where the hell is Chavland?!!!! You are always on about it!!!

John
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

....Tenerife.. :wink:
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: chavland

Post by polremy »

John & Elaine wrote:Where the hell is Chavland?!!!! You are always on about it!!!

John
Sorry - it's Tenerife.
I was there last winter and people started calling me a Chav.
They were just annoyed cos i was warm and they weren't.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Anyone got any info on how to get to Gerona to connect with the Birmingham flight?
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Hi LL, good to see you online. Have you looked at Frogbus?
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

The Birmingham flight leaves at 11.00 - Frogbus arrives Gerona at 07.55 or 11.55 so neither really suitable.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

If that is your only option, I do not think 3 hours is too bad. by the time you have read a newspaper , had a coffee and a wander round the perfume counters(having a spray along the way of course :wink: ) listenng to the Ryanair passenges having a grumble :lol: :lol: and changed gates a couple of times :roll: you should be ready for boarding.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Roger O wrote:Image
that could be me

except...............

i'm not blond

and..................

i only use mobile phones in a real emergency - for example mr. pr has failed to turn up where we had agreed to meet at the time we had agreed to meet and i am starving and thirsty and peed off.

but..................

i do love my bed and can't see any reason to leave it before about 9 in the morning now that i have done my bit for society as a whole and education in particular.