tobagganing

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

twizzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

tobagganing

Post by twizzle »

I want to take my Grandson to one of the ski resorts to have some fun tobgganing. Can anyone recommend the best one for this? I would like to take the yellow train, and wonder which stop is nearest to the slopes. Are there any shuttle buses from the train to the slopes or would it be easy to get a taxi? Any advice will be appreciated.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Contact Mike and Jenny Rhodes at Les Angles

http://www.pyrenean-trails.com/

They will give you up to date info and have Accommodation, if needed.

I do not know if the yellow train has resumed running, they were improving the track and using coaches.
Michael
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

I would not mind some of that toboganning myself :D
Do they have brakes :roll:

Cheers Sav :)
twizzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

tobagganing

Post by twizzle »

yes ,they are called feet!
vinogeek
Rank 2
Rank 2

la luge

Post by vinogeek »

We picked up a couple of kids toboggans suitable for my 13 and 7 year old sons at Les Angles for less than 30 euros. You can also hire them for about 7 euros each per day from the ski rental places on the main drag there.

They have a handle either side of the "driver" for steering and if you pull on them both at the same time you eventually stop.... erm I imagine.... obviously from observing the kids....never done it myself.....honestly
Corin FAIRCHILD
Domaine Vella Frontera

www.vellafrontera.com
Port: +33 620 68 14 67
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Not sure my feet would be a good idea :roll:
Would probably still be looking for them on the mountain, some time later :shock:
Good to hear about potential brakes vinogeek, a flagon of your best & to the slopes eh :lol:
We are usually in the PO during the summer months, however we may wander down later in the year at some point, i don't ski & toboganning sounds a safer pursuit :)
What famous last words :roll:

Serge

Post by Serge »

Sav wrote:We are usually in the PO during the summer months, however we may wander down later in the year at some point
Sav,

You'll be OK in August, the snow's not so slippy then!

:lol: :lol:
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Sav wrote: i don't ski & toboganning sounds a safer pursuit :)

I find one absolutely fearsome and one quite fun. Funnily enough the one I find fun allows me a semblance of control, i.e. skiing !
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

My grandchildren used their snow luges in August one year to tobaggon down the steep mountainside at the Col de Jau. Funny, they normally whine if they are asked to walk a few hundred yards, but they happily carted their luges back up the hill over and over again!