ZAGAZ

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

ZAGAZ

Post by Roger O »

Don't know if any of you are ZAGAZ members?
I joined recently as I found it quite useful - as long as members do what they are supposed to!!

The idea is that every time members tank their cars (in France) they take note of the prices and update them on the site. This should, if done conscienciously, allow members and anyone else to access the site, choose "their" town and see where fuel is cheapest among all the local tank stations. Takes about two minutes to update a station and it's worth it!

Explore http://www.zagaz.com/
For example http://www.zagaz.com/prix-carburant.php?departement=66
Could even be useful for people tanking France-UK and v.v. en route!
The more members join, the greater the chance that the prices are kept up to date! Members can also add new stations if they are not yet on site - e.g. in villages where they live, etc.

Note, on the main site, members can also vote for funcional upgrades by priority - i.e. full participation!
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Thanks Roger,
Just looked at Perpignan.
What a difference in price between North & South!!!!!!!
Reminds one of the old UK North/ South divide!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Last week I paid 0.93 euros per litre - but I had driven through the Vielha tunnel to Spain! 1.20 at my local Ecomarche today - if I had driven another 16 kms I could have paid 1.16 at Intermarche, but it hardly seemed worth it on a miserable, grey day.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Puddles wrote:Thanks Roger,
Just looked at Perpignan.
What a difference in price between North & South!!!!!!!
Reminds one of the old UK North/ South divide!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mind, you need to check the dates of entries.. some are not so young.. i.e. not up to date and they may be older prices which have since gone down.

That's what I meant by members doing what they are supposed to and keeping all stations updated, otherwise comparisons are not valid. One disadvantage of the site, unfortunately.