Route from Corsavy.

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Route from Corsavy.

Post by carol sheridan »

About four years ago, when I was living in Aude, I drove from Corsavy to Valmanya past the Tour de Batere. It was an extremely bad road, just broken bricks in places but very beautiful. A friend who lives in St. Marsal is convinced that this journey is impossible now. Has anyone else tried it?
groslard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Route from Corsavy.

Post by groslard »

carol sheridan wrote:About four years ago, when I was living in Aude, I drove from Corsavy to Valmanya past the Tour de Batere.
Don't know about now but there's a nice account of going by horseback in 1848 (!) here:
http://www.corsavy.co.uk/
its the .pdf file.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Route from Corsavy.

Post by john »

carol sheridan wrote:About four years ago, when I was living in Aude, I drove from Corsavy to Valmanya past the Tour de Batere. It was an extremely bad road, just broken bricks in places but very beautiful. A friend who lives in St. Marsal is convinced that this journey is impossible now. Has anyone else tried it?
Your friend is spot on Carol.This route is now impassable by car due to the dangerous state of the road.From Corsavy you can get about 6 km,then the road is blocked.Worth doing it though as the views are fantastic.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

When I went to see my new flat at St. Cyprien I drove to Prats de Mollo, then I went up to Monferrer and on to Corsavy. I didn't have time to try the Valmany road, but when I move to the area I will be spending some time exploring and walking up there.
I used to live high in the mountains on the edge of the remote village of Roquefort de Sault, near Quillan, but I find you get bored with having to drive for 30 minutes down the same road every time you want to go out, so I think I will be more practical when I come to buy another house, and look for something with better access, but within easy reach of the mountains for day trips. It is one thing to have a holiday home in a very beautiful, remote spot, but different if you live there permanently.