Exchanging a UK Driving Licence for a French Licence

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Exchanging a UK Driving Licence for a French Licence

Post by Nigel Bright »

My UK driving licence expires in June 2020. As I heard it could take months for the exchange to take place, I applied for a new French licence in late Feb 2020. It was a postal system, whereby you downloaded some application forms from the Gov portal, completed them by hand and posted them back with copies of back up information e.g proof of identity, residence, time in France, etc.
Unfortunately, I had all my documents returned this week, informing me that I missed the cut off date of 28th Feb for the old system and a new computerised system would be operating from the 3rd March 2020.
To use the new system you first have to register with French Connect and then use the Agence Nationale des Titres Securices (ANTS) system to apply.
All went well with downloading the forms and completing them using Adobe Acrobat, also uploading the supporting documents, but I could not find how to upload the completed application forms. Anyone else had this problem?
Maybe I'm missing something (Lost in translation) :book:
Brighty
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Exchanging a UK Driving Licence for a French Licence

Post by Nigel Bright »

Received a note from Agence Nationale des Titres Securices (ANTS) tat they had accepted my driving licence exchange application today. :) So maybe I was mixing up the paper system, with the digital :?:
Brighty