Automatic Ticket to get through French Tolls

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Automatic Ticket to get through French Tolls

Post by gleber »

We are driving down to St. Cyprien in July (from Scotland via ferry to Amsterdam) and would like to know how to get an Automatic Ticket which you display on the windscreen and is charged to your French bank account allowing smooth passage through the tolls.

Thanks for all helpful advice.

Gleber (in a wet and miserable Scotland)
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Automatic Ticket to get through French Tolls

Post by russell »

There are a number of suppliers. I got mine from Bip&Go https://www.bipandgo.com/le-telepeage/
It works in Spain as well as France.

They also have a website in English: https://www.bipandgo.com/en/ and will ship the unit to the UK.

Russell
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

We got ours from the Vinci boutique near Rivesaltes. You can get to it from the motorway or the main road. I see you can get them now which goes right down to Portugal. vinci-autoroutes.com/fr
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Here's a bit about it with the pluses and the minuses
https://anglophone-direct.com/bipgo-sli ... nce-spain/
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re:French Crit'Air Website

Post by gleber »

We are trying to get a Crit'Air sticker from the website and need to attach our British Registration Document to the online form as a jpeg of no more than 400kb, but the attachments amount to 3.0mb and 3.1mb. Anyone managed to do this or is there a way to reduce the file size.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Gleber
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

From James

I used my iPad and then reduced the photo using the edit tools. Probably can be done on any smartphone. It’s a pain, but not hard to do
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Re:French Crit'Air Website

Post by russell »

gleber wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 20:12 We are trying to get a Crit'Air sticker from the website and need to attach our British Registration Document to the online form as a jpeg of no more than 400kb, but the attachments amount to 3.0mb and 3.1mb. Anyone managed to do this or is there a way to reduce the file size.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Gleber
You need to reduce the resolution, measured in dpi or dots per inch. A resolution of 150 dpi should give a small enough file but failing that you could go to 75 dpi. Most scanning software will allow you to choose the resolution. Failing that you can use something like Photoshop or GIMP to reduce the resolution of your already scanned file.

Russell
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

re Cri'tAir

Post by gleber »

many thanks for all the help we managed to reduce the file size by scanning in a black and white copy containing only the information they required.

Cheers
Gleber