Renewing Controlle Technique

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Renewing Controlle Technique

Post by Owens88 »

Hi
Sorry for this as I usually try and solve things with my own searching.

I need to renew my CT before 2nd Jun, I think as that is what the sticker on the windscreen says. However I cannot find explicit instructions as to 'how long before?' .
It is truly a holiday car ( and I may have been too honest in re-registering my British car but I have done) and is in 'mode garage' most of its life.

I was wondering if I could have it re-tested end April or early May?

Cheers
John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

You can ask for a CT at any time. If I were you I'd do it asap before tougher tests are introduced in May.

Gus
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

French CT valid from date of test - unlike U.K. where you can have an M.O.T. in advance without losing weeks of M.O.T.

Something to consider.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Lanark Lass wrote:French CT valid from date of test - unlike U.K. where you can have an M.O.T. in advance without losing weeks of M.O.T.

Something to consider.
But an investment for the future if the new expiry date is also going to be more convenientl in subsequent years?
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Thanks all. I was guilty of expecting a period wherein the original date could be preserved, as in the UK.

However if we lose a month out of 24 for our own convenience so be it.

J
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands