Ryanair bagage

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Ryanair bagage

Post by opas »

I would love to be a fly on the wall at checkin when this new system starts.
I would immagine it will take an age to go through check in because there will be people who say they didnt know, insist their bag HAS to stay with them, then have to remove important items they dont want to be separated from. Or they pay the extra at the desk to go priority to take their bag. :roll:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

My observation of both Ryanair and Easyjet is that they avoid putting "soft" luggage in the hold (backpacks etc.) presumably for fear that fragile contents may be damaged. They're also not allowed to separate you from your medication if it's in your hand luggage.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We fly on Tuesday. Fingers crossed our backpacks will pass scrutiny as they are very very close to the maximum measurements.
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ryanair baggage

Post by gleber »

It is all a ploy to get people to pay for priority boarding now that charges for credit or debit cards have been banned from this week-end.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

This seems a lot of fuss over nothing. Ryanair has reduced the price of hold luggage while at the same time increasing the weight allowance.

It is a fact that there is not enough space in the overhead lockers for everyone on a reasonably full flight. They always said that anyone without priority boarding might have to have their luggage transported in the hold, they are merely formalising this.

All in all, their new policy is more generous than their old one.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

I did once bag 8 flights on Ryanair for a penny each. No extra fees - just an 8 pence charge on my credit card.

I just wish M O'L didn't treat everyone with such contempt. Mind you, it's almost certainly that personality trait that makes his business such a success.

I would rather fly with him than work for him.
Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Richard and Sharon »

Just flew into Carcasson with the demons this week. To be fair, it went quite well!
We took our wheeled carry on's through security as usual. They were tagged and loaded by ground staff just before we boarded. This was at no cost and minimal delay. Baggage tag receipt stickers issued.
Boarding and disembarking were both faster than usual. There wasnt the usual bun fight for locker space with later boarders having to fill their leg space with bags. Also, you can still carry on a 20cm x 20cm x 35cm bag.
Summing up, I think its actually a slight improvement, even though that would be an unfashionable thing to say. Or, maybe we were just lucky.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »