Perpicat Navette Bus

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Perpicat Navette Bus

Post by Nigel »

Does this service still exsist from Argeles to Girona Airport ?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Think they have either closed down, or are to close down soon.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Thanks Kate
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Gerona Airport to Argelès by Public Transport ?

Post by rhys »

So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

How difficult is it ? Any pointers ?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Gerona Airport to Argelès by Public Transport ?

Post by martyn94 »

rhys wrote:So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

How difficult could it possibly be? So long as you take account of the train strikes. Even the Comanche warriors have pretty blunt tomahawks nowadays, round about Girona.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

I did it once 10 years ago - it was fine. Just not fast!

Out of curiosity I just checked the timetables and it's still viable, several times a day - but 14.48 is the last train to get from Girona to make a connection at Cerbere.

Use renfe.com and search Girona to Cerbere for train times - and then sncf.com for Cerbere to Argeles.

Alternatively, you could do the TGV from Girona to Perpignan, and then train it back down to Argeles. I haven't checked the price but would imagine it's certainly more pricey than using the older route via Cerbere.
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rhys »

I did it once 10 years ago - it was fine. Just not fast!

Out of curiosity I just checked the timetables and it's still viable, several times a day - but 14.48 is the last train to get from Girona to make a connection at Cerbere.

Use renfe.com and search Girona to Cerbere for train times - and then sncf.com for Cerbere to Argeles.

Alternatively, you could do the TGV from Girona to Perpignan, and then train it back down to Argeles. I haven't checked the price but would imagine it's certainly more pricey than using the older route via Cerbere.[/quote]

Thanks.........That's the kind of info I was hoping for.

Fast doesn't matter at all, but if 14.48 is the last train it makes it undoable for almost all arrival times from N/E England, given that one has to get to the station from the airport and leave time for getting the ticket etc..
I've never got a TGV to or from outside of France - would one be able to check times on the SNCF website I wonder.
( Could maybe be a useful article for the P~O Life mag ? ).
Thanks again.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

The renfe.com site gives you the Girona/Perpignan option too.

Weekdays appear to have 5 trains a day and the last two departures from Girona are 17.26 and 19.11.

Journey time is around 40 minutes.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Thanks.........That's the kind of info I was hoping for.

[/quote]

But it wasn’t the info you asked for.