Perpicat Navette Bus

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Perpicat Navette Bus

Post by Nigel » Tue 02 Jan 2018 09:06

Does this service still exsist from Argeles to Girona Airport ?

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate » Tue 02 Jan 2018 11:22

Think they have either closed down, or are to close down soon.

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel » Wed 03 Jan 2018 17:07

Thanks Kate

rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Gerona Airport to Argelès by Public Transport ?

Post by rhys » Mon 09 Apr 2018 09:03

So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

How difficult is it ? Any pointers ?

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Gerona Airport to Argelès by Public Transport ?

Post by martyn94 » Mon 09 Apr 2018 22:43

rhys wrote:So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

How difficult could it possibly be? So long as you take account of the train strikes. Even the Comanche warriors have pretty blunt tomahawks nowadays, round about Girona.

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 » Mon 09 Apr 2018 23:00

martyn94 wrote:
rhys wrote:So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

How difficult could it possibly be? So long as you take account of the train strikes. Even the Comanche warriors have pretty blunt tomahawks nowadays, round about Girona.
Of course I meant Apaches. Forgive me, but “Stagecoachâ€￾ was the first thing to come to mind when I read your post.

Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen » Tue 10 Apr 2018 19:17

So has anyone on here travelled from Gerona Airport to Argelès ( or nearby ) using bus ( or ? taxi ) to Gerona train station , and then train along the coast ?

I did it once 10 years ago - it was fine. Just not fast!

Out of curiosity I just checked the timetables and it's still viable, several times a day - but 14.48 is the last train to get from Girona to make a connection at Cerbere.

Use renfe.com and search Girona to Cerbere for train times - and then sncf.com for Cerbere to Argeles.

Alternatively, you could do the TGV from Girona to Perpignan, and then train it back down to Argeles. I haven't checked the price but would imagine it's certainly more pricey than using the older route via Cerbere.

rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rhys » Tue 10 Apr 2018 20:32

I did it once 10 years ago - it was fine. Just not fast!

Out of curiosity I just checked the timetables and it's still viable, several times a day - but 14.48 is the last train to get from Girona to make a connection at Cerbere.

Use renfe.com and search Girona to Cerbere for train times - and then sncf.com for Cerbere to Argeles.

Alternatively, you could do the TGV from Girona to Perpignan, and then train it back down to Argeles. I haven't checked the price but would imagine it's certainly more pricey than using the older route via Cerbere.[/quote]

Thanks.........That's the kind of info I was hoping for.

Fast doesn't matter at all, but if 14.48 is the last train it makes it undoable for almost all arrival times from N/E England, given that one has to get to the station from the airport and leave time for getting the ticket etc..
I've never got a TGV to or from outside of France - would one be able to check times on the SNCF website I wonder.
( Could maybe be a useful article for the P~O Life mag ? ).
Thanks again.

Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen » Tue 10 Apr 2018 21:56

The renfe.com site gives you the Girona/Perpignan option too.

Weekdays appear to have 5 trains a day and the last two departures from Girona are 17.26 and 19.11.

Journey time is around 40 minutes.

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 » Wed 11 Apr 2018 12:21

martyn94 wrote:
martyn94 wrote:

Of course I meant Apaches. Forgive me, but “Stagecoachâ€￾ was the first thing to come to mind when I read your post.
By way of contrition, someone here suggested that bahn.com is the best place to find the train connections and that seems to be right (you do know, don’t you, that you have to change at Cerbère from a Spanish-gauge train to a standard-gauge train?).

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 » Wed 11 Apr 2018 20:02

Thanks.........That's the kind of info I was hoping for.

[/quote]

But it wasn’t the info you asked for.