S116-11 S-116-12

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

S116-11 S-116-12

Post by Owens88 »

We have just returned to Vernet and we see new road signs (black on yellow of Highways quality) and see others being put up.
They seem to mark sections of a route S116-11 or 10 or 12

Is it for a Race, a long-term Deviation, or what?

Thanks in advance
John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Are there major roadworks (eg a bypass for the D116) planned around there? From memory, they are set up to direct site traffic to various points on the Site, so nothing directly to do with you, though take care (if I'm right) not to run up the back of them when they are turning off.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Thanks.

Some seem to veer off in strange places but I am merely observing them not entranced by them, yet!
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Owens88 wrote:Thanks.

Some seem to veer off in strange places but I am merely observing them not entranced by them, yet!
As long as you are alert to the strange places, and the veering off, that's fine. But the guys who drive these trucks are mostly on piece work: they take no prisoners.

But more to the point, was I right about what's going on? If I was, it would have been courteous to say so.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Ouch Martyn. Courteous? Pot and kettle come to mind.
We were up that way a couple of weeks ago John, and didnt notice anything. Welcome back anyway. :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:Ouch Martyn. Courteous? Pot and kettle come to mind.
We were up that way a couple of weeks ago John, and didnt notice anything. Welcome back anyway. :lol:
I don't want make anything of this, and I am sometimes a bit snarky. But I do generally try to give a helpful response if I think I know the answer, or can find it. But I'm not infallible (no, really), so it's helpful to be told if I got things more or less right, and even better to be told if I got them wrong. It can sometimes feel a bit like shouting down a well.

That said, if anyone is masochistic enough to survey my collected posts, I'm sure that I have failed to give feedback myself in the past. I'll try to do better.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Martyn
I do not know whether your answer is correct or not. When I know something I will say.
Judging by the extent of the signage and 'stages' I suspect something different than a construction project here.

John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Thanks Kate

It stretches from, at least, Prades and goes through Vernet on the way towards Sahorre.

I also noticed a Black on white official roadsign just south of Ria. Pointing towards Perpignan but saying 'Occitanie' and with a distance of about 50km . I cannot remember exactly.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Owens88 wrote:Martyn
I do not know whether your answer is correct or not. When I know something I will say.
Judging by the extent of the signage and 'stages' I suspect something different than a construction project here.

John
Fair enough, thanks. Could it conceivably be to do with the works they are meant to be doing on the train jaune? My knowledge of your part of the world is much thinner than tenuous.