New Year 2016

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Toenail

New Year 2016

Post by Toenail »

Hello

Has anyone any info on resturants open on New Years evening around the Perpignan area Thanks
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hello Toenail,
We're putting together a list of our advertisers who are open for NYE and it should be available shortly. I know that quite a few restaurants in the centre of Perps do a NYE dinner, and Café des Artistes in Laroque usually do something (tho havent checked this year). Watch this space! :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

You could try keeping your eyes open over the next couple of weeks: one of my local restaurants in Port-Vendres (which I wouldn't specially recommend) has already got its New Year's Eve menu up (€65, and cheap at half the price). At the risk of teaching granny to suck eggs, it's often advertised as the fête (or réveillon) de St Sylvestre. But in truth, I'd be surprised if any restaurant with some ambition doesn't open.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Here's one in Elne that's open for NYE

Hotel & Restaurant Le Carasol
10 Boulevard Illibéris
Elne, 66200
Tel : 04.68.22.10.42
www.hotelcarasol.com

They say....
nous sommes ouvert pour la soirée du samedi 31 décembre sur réservation uniquement

Also open for both Christmas Day and NYE
The hotel Cortie in Thuir
http://anglophone-direct.com/listing/ho ... tie-thuir/
catllar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by catllar »

Reveillon St.Sylvestre in Prades Hotel Les Glycines. Meal and entertainment (Nostalgie) 80 euros.
Life is not a rehearsal
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, there's no doubt that keeping eyes open helps too Martyn....but it's nice to pool info and get a wider choice. :lol: :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:Yes, there's no doubt that keeping eyes open helps too Martyn....but it's nice to pool info and get a wider choice. :lol: :lol:
Maybe my experience is atypical, but I've only ever had two problems around New Year - finding anything to eat on New Year's Eve which isn't the full catastrophe, and finding anywhere at all on New Year's Day. New Year's Eve is the biggest-earning shift of the year for any vaguely serious restaurant, so just pick the one you fancy and ring them up. They'd be open on New Year's Eve even if was normally their closing day. It's the last day of the year when we need a special effort to pool information (as well as being the last day of the year). But get your Gaviscon in stock.