beziers airport shuttle bus

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

beziers airport shuttle bus

Post by sue and paul »

a travel question to those who know......I will soon be getting the Luton flight from Beziers. I intend to book the 1€ train to get to the airport. Is it better to book it to Beziers, and get the airport shuttle from the rail station to the airport, or carry on to Agde rail station , and get the shuttle from there?
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: beziers airport shuttle bus

Post by Sus »

sue and paul wrote:a travel question to those who know......I will soon be getting the Luton flight from Beziers. I intend to book the 1€ train to get to the airport. Is it better to book it to Beziers, and get the airport shuttle from the rail station to the airport, or carry on to Agde rail station , and get the shuttle from there?
Hi, not sure what you found out, but we recently came this way and the shuttle bus from the airport went first to Agde, then we changed bus to get to Beziers station, was too tired to find out whether there are direct buses but based on this experience, it might be better and faster to take shuttle from Agde. With that being said, all the buses were timed to arrived with the TGV in Beziers which was great to travel on to Perpignan.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

We will also be departing from Beziers in a few weeks. The original question is of interest to us. If there are any updates I would be grateful.

p.s. Has anybody ever managed to get a 1 euro ticket on the train?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
vyvyan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Beziers airport shuttle bus

Post by vyvyan »

I took the shuttle bus both from, and back to, Beziers train station. Costs 1.60 each way. At the airport there were two shuttles, one going to Agde and the other to Beziers. Good service
Richard Handley

Post by Richard Handley »

We used the shuttle bus from Beziers station to the airport and agree that it is a good service and great value. Something to beware of though, is departure times. We got the train from Collioure but the airport bus leaves a few minutes before the train arrives. The only combination to check in on time meant a 2 hour wait in Beziers.
Rather than waiting in the station we walked up through the pretty Plateau des Poetes park opposite the station and on into the city for lunch.
Next time we will look to see if the timing of the bus from Agde station is better synchronised with our train.