Zeebrugge to Hull Ferry

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Zeebrugge to Hull Ferry

Post by Allan »

We are toying with taking the ferry this year, to avoid a long drive through England - our destination is in Yorkshire.

Has anyone travelled this route?, is it civilised and comfortable?

Any tips?
Briant
Rank 0
Rank 0

Zeebrugge to Hull Ferry

Post by Briant »

Have used it once. Good service. Don't buy deal for food etc. It was cheaper on the boat. Not the quality of Brittany ferries. We would use them again to get up North quickly Had a good nights sleep. on board.
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

We used to use it quite often and really liked it. Cabins basic but comfortable, colourful buffet looked great but tasted bof - but a few stiff drinks, a good nights sleep and you're nearly home. Disco for you to have a bop and gaming tables for you to chuck away some money - and piano bar I think. Don't expect 5* - or even 1*....but it does the job! :-).
Having said that, we havent done the trip for nearly 20 years so it may have changed a little loooooool
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Received by email

We've used this service quite a lot over the last 3 years, and it certainly saves the long drive from Dover etc for those wanting to get to the North. There are two ships on this run; the British flagged 'Pride of York' and the Dutch flagged 'Pride of Bruges'. The quality of fittings, ambience and food is superior on the latter. Cabins are comfortable with en suite facilities. One tip is to book a medium grade cabin, then, if you are travelling at an off peak period, as soon as you have boarded, go to the Pursers office and ask for an upgrade. Usually, for about 30€ they will upgrade you to a much swisher cabin or even a suite! Boarding time is about 4pm at either end, which gives you plenty of time to relax before departure when you can go for a meal and drink, then visit the entertainment. Our opinion is that the waiter service restaurant is worth the price difference over the buffet.I'd agree that it is perhaps not quite up to Britanny Ferries standard, but more relaxing than the Dunkerque and Dover services.
haament
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by haament »

I used to use it, but it's too long, i almost forgot http://www.coquegsm.com/