Birmingham to Perpignan

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Birmingham to Perpignan

Post by alan »

It seems that Ryanair are flying the Birmingham/ Perpignan route this summer on Saturdays and Tuesdays.

However, the website shows every single flight as having being sold out! Either people have been very busy and the route is a great success or something is wrong. Does anyone have any information?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

As far as I am aware there are no Birmingham to Perpignan flights at all through the winter. The nearest Birmingham flights are into Barcelona 3 times a week with Ryanair. I wish they were running through the winter to Perpignan.
Dylan
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Looking at the website for Perpignan airport, it looks as if the last Saturday flight from Birmingham, this summer, was September 26th.

The last Tuesday flight was at the end of August.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Summer 2016

Post by alan »

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I was talking about Summer 2016.

So every flight between Sat 28 May 2016 and Tues 27 Sept 2016 is shown as sold out. However, this isn't actually accurate as the following extract from a "live chat" I have had with Ryanair this morning indicates:

"Alan

If you look for example at Sat 23 July, it shows sold out. Every single Sat and Tues flight in each direction is shown as sold out

Victor

Yes, they all sold out that mean we don't have flight right now, and we are not sure if there still going to release more flights.

Alan

So when it says sold out that isn't actually accurate

Victor

Unfortunately No"
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

My fault Alan, I didn't read "summer".
Dylan
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Hi Alan, when Ryanair puts all the flights with the "sold out" mention, it's normally their way to load firstly the flights, before putting them on sale a few days after. It gives them a few days for any schedule change if necessary. I suggest you to check their website every day, the flights should be available very soon!
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Yes, thank you, but using the words "sold out" is inaccurate and misleading.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

I see now that the relevant prices have been inserted. At first glance it seems they are rather more expensive than in previous years.
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Hi Alan, it seems that it's a general trend, not only applied by Ryanair but also many other carriers such as Volotea, Transavia...