VW T5 gearbox repairer

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

VW T5 gearbox repairer

Post by Pauljhonley »

I've just arrived for my autumn stay in our trust VW T5 camper but the gearbox is sounding very dodgy with whining in all gears.
I wondered if anyone could recommend a repairer in the near region. My holiday home is in Argeles.
All comments would be gratefully received.
Paul
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

We take our VW to Beccus Janssens in Elne, on the industrial estate near the cemetry/behind Lidl. They are obliging, but possibly not cheap, as they are the VW main agents in the area, so bound by VW charges
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

We take our car (which is not a VW) to Vallespir auto center in
Le Boulou, a little further on from Logial furniture shop (turn left at near Intermarché rounabout instead of right). They are a VW garage but do all makes and the guy is really straight and honest, much cheaper than many places we've been. If it doesnt need doing, or he can find a cheaper way of doing it well and safely, he will tell you.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Car repair

Post by tubs »

Pedro in Sorede. Can recommend. Nice chap seems to be able to turn his hand to anything and any make of car.