Re-homed

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re-homed

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

A lady living in a flat in Perpignan is unable to keep her 12 year old cat. It's a male and he's been neutered. He's all black & quite small, and of course used to living in a flat.
The local animal shelters are overpopulated, what with people dumping their unwanted pets...On top of that, they think a 12 yr old cat wouldn't be easily adopted.
The lady adamantly refuses to have the moggie put down, but is rather desperate about what to do.
Anyone interested please PM or phone: 09 54 57 62 93.
Thanks on her behalf.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

I've two photos of Puss but don't know how to put them
on. Help!
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

One way would be to upload the hotos to a free Dropbox account and share a link to them like below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqubl3se1l3dk ... 5.JPG?dl=0
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re-homed

Thanks, Malcolm. I 've tried but find it very complicated!
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Sorry, it's one of those "easy when you know how" things.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Libby
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re-homed

Post by Libby »

Hi Robert,
Pleased I'm not the only ignoramus!!
My in house guru tells me that sites which allow photos to be uploaded have, somewhere, words like; Browse or Upload photo.
I can't see one on this site but, for future reference:

Your photo must be scanned to your computer which will be in a file named Pictures or My Pictures or wherever you keep them.
On the site to which you want to upload the photo click on Browse (or whatever).
In Windows (the one we use) a window or folder will come up and you navigate to where the photo is and double left click on the photo you want to upload.
The site will then do the rest.
Libby
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re-homed

Post by Libby »

I was afraid I'd run out of room!

To open a [b]Dropbox [/b]account:
Go to Google and type in Dropbox and open a free Dropbox account, only takes moments, then copy, repeat COPY the appropriate photo into the [b]'Public Folde[/b]r' on Dropbox (if you simply move the photo and don't copy you will lose the photo from your computer).
Once you have done this Right click on the chosen photo and a list of options appear, Left click on '[b]Copy Public Link[/b]' then you can write your email, or post your message (on this site for example) giving your message and, in the appropriate part of that message you would[b] Right click[/b] and select [b]Paste[/b], the link will now appear and anyone who accesses that message will be able to view the photo.
Sounds more complicated to explain than do!!!