Pets UK to France

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Pete F
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pets UK to France

Post by Pete F »

I've successfully taken pets back to the UK via Eurotunnel - the internet is awash with details of how to do it. But now I want to reverse the process, and I'm finding it rather more difficult to find out what is required. The 6 cats and one dog (yes, really!) will be travelling in a van with 2 people, they're all chipped and passported and up to date with rabies and the other normal vaccinations.

Anyone done this recently? Any advice? Where do the checks happen - which side of the tunnel?

I admit to being a bit paranoid, but if we got anything wrong it would be pretty catastrophic....

Thanks in advance

Pete
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

With euro tunnel, there are no checks ( the same with the ferries I guess)
We just notified the check in staff and they give you a "pets tag"
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

This info is from a regular pet traveller:

f you are travelling from France to the UK you have to visit the vet with your dog to get them wormed and the passport signed to say all is ok. When you get to the tunnel in Calais you go to the Pet Passport office (this is clearly sign posted) and have the microchip checked and your papers checked. You need to have your booking with you or they send you back to the car for it lol !!! If all ok they give you a sticker for the windscreen with a big paw mark on it to say you have a pet with you. Coming from the UK all you need to do is tell them you have a pet with you when you book (you do pay £17 for the privilege) and when you check in the hangar for the car has a paw mark on it to say you have a pet with you. It is easier to come from the UK than to go back because you don't need to visit the vet first!!!
Dylan
S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by S Hart »

As above, no checks going from UK to France, you just have to have the pets included in your booking and they will give you a pet on board sticker when you check in.
Susan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

you might find this useful, there are extra rules regarding bringing more than 5 cats or dogs, open the PDF on the link below for full details:

www.ambafrance-uk.org/Importing-animals ... rance,2780
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.