Car Hire at Perpignan Airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Car Hire at Perpignan Airport

Post by Anthea & Tim »

I am in the process of trying to book Flybe flights from Southampton to Perpignan in June. However, when I try to book the hire car (using Avis, Hertz or Europcar) I am told that the booking cannot be completed as the hire car office closes at 1800 hours; the flight is scheduled to arrive at 1855 hours.

Being told to wait until the office opened at 1000 hours the next day was not helpful!

Has had anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

I'm not overly surprised, Perpignan airport is a bit like a rural railway station, I would have hoped it would have livened up a little in June but obviously the demand is still not there .
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Car Hire in Perpignan

Post by Owens88 »

http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/booking/ca ... f=skills88

Using the above link I was able to get quotes for pickup at 19.30 in June.

Good luck.

John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

John

Thank you. I can get the quote OK, it is when you try and confirm the booking that you are told "It is has not been possible to complete this booking because the office is closed, please select another pick up time"

I have raised this with Avis/Flybe and Hertz and await their response.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

OK sorry.

This is a new iteration of the auto-europe site. Previously any warning like that occurred before putting in the credit card details.

Having said that AE have never let us down and as they work with a range of operators they can easily switch bookings from one to another more amenable operator.

Once again.Good luck.

John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

An update.

It would appear that some car hire companies have yet to update their websites with the summer hours.

Thank you for your helpful comments and advice.

Big thank you to Dimitri Sindres Development Manager of Carcassonne & Perpignan Airports who was very proactive in raising the issue with the local offices at Perpignan, one of them phoned me within a few hours and quickly sorted the problem.

Car now booked.