Beziers Airport Shuttle Bus

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Beziers Airport Shuttle Bus

Post by Smiley G »

Does anyone have experience of the Beziers airport shuttle bus?

We have friends flying over in May who want to get from the airport to Beziers train station to then take the train to Perpignan and then the reverse journey for their return.
We can't find any information as to frequency, stops, costs, reliability etc. just the fact there is a shuttle.

If anyone can help we would be very grateful.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

thanks for the link and for taking the time to reply. We found this as well but the timetable stops at the end of March and they arrive in May. So our friends can't really plan the onward train from Beziers to Perpignan and book seats until they are sure of the shuttle. If it doesn't all fit they may need to hire a car.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

hmmm. Patience might be the key then. I suspect their follow-on t/t will be posted by the end of March. Would that be too late to wait to book seats on the train, or a car if it became necessary? It certainly looks as though the navettes are timed to meet the flights, and then return in time for flight departures. That has been the case for quite a time - the last time I used Béziers sncf- aéroport navette, about 2 years ago, it was thus. For reassurance, why not phone the airport?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Smiley G wrote:thanks for the link and for taking the time to reply. We found this as well but the timetable stops at the end of March and they arrive in May. So our friends can't really plan the onward train from Beziers to Perpignan and book seats until they are sure of the shuttle. If it doesn't all fit they may need to hire a car.
I'd be surprised if you ever needed to book train seats in advance from Béziers to Perpignan in May, even for a TGV. Even if your guests are nervous about this, you surely have ample time to book if you just wait for the new bus timetable as sue_and_paul suggests (or should that be "suggest"?).
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

The question was:

"Does anyone have experience of the Beziers airport shuttle bus?"

I flew into and from Beziers at the beginning of last September and travelled by train to and from Port Vendres via Perpignan (spending the night in Narbonne on the return trip).

The bus from the aiport stops right outside the train station and from what I recall there was a frequent service. Everything went smoothly for me and it certainly wasn't necessary to book train tickets in advance although I didn't travel by TGV.

It might though be worth trying to get 1 Euro train tickets when they become available.

My recollection is that the train station is a little distance from the town at the bottom of a steep hill and there is not much going on in the vicinity so I wouldn't want to kill much time there waiting for a train.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Thanks for all the replies.

A big thank you to Alan for his first hand experience it was very useful.
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

We have once used the navette and train to return to Edinburgh from Beziers. It worked out fine.

I emailed the airport a week ago to ask if there will be a service for the Edinburgh flight after March since, as mentioned, the timetable is only posted up to the end of March. No reply as yet but I will post anything useful when I do get one.
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

Well, that took some time. I emailed again early this morning and got an instant, apologetic reply. The airport has only just received the timetable from their partner. Our navette for the Edinburgh flight is confirmed.

I expect this means the new timetable will be up soon.