Gatwick airport -KT6 'EE

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Gatwick airport -KT6 'EE

Post by opas »

I have a french friend who is taking his wife to London for a long weekend, only he has found he should have booked to Heathrow and he has booked to Gatwick.
He has asked me if I know which trains /busses he should use to get to his destination. As it must be 40 years since I visited London and Mr walking roadmap is usually driving a HGV we are both useless to get him there by public transport.
I have asked a couple of my clients who live in the general area and one of them has given me the link to tfl.gov.uk which she has advised to go to clapham junction, change trains on to surbiton, which looks easy (10pm on a thursday night.) but I cannot acess the fares as it askes for zones. can anyone help please,
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

Deb,

I have sent you an e-mail.

Steve
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

Deb,

According to Southern Rail website single fare Gatwick to Surbiton is £12.50

Steve
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

You can get fares/times from thetrainline.com for trains to Surbiton.

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Thanks everyone, I have looked at all the info and passed it on to my friend - with a french explanation!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.