1€ Train

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

1€ Train

Post by Nigel »

Has anyone been able to book on-line tickets for the 1€ train...All I ever have seen is

Offre Billet à 1€ épuisée
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There are supposed to be 2000 - 4000 available every day, in Languedoc Roussillon but not for every train, not for every route and only available on line. I know that they initially had problems because the site was inadequate for the demand. Could still be the case?
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

A friend of mine who is also a forum member and a client booked day trips to Sete and Carcasonne.
They smiled wriley when she told me they were on the 07.30 train out.......and a 14.00 train home.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

opas wrote:A friend of mine who is also a forum member and a client booked day trips to Sete and Carcasonne.
They smiled wriley when she told me they were on the 07.30 train out.......and a 14.00 train home.
They were so lucky to find a return on the same day.In all honesty it's a total waste of effort to try booking.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

One Euro train

Post by alan »

We have just returned from a 10 day break at our house in Port Vendres. We flew from Gatwick to Montpellier and returned the same route.

On the first night, we spent a very pleasant night in Sete, the next day travelling from Sete to Port Vendres. On the return journey, we spent a night in Montpellier.

Through sheer perseverance (or luck) the rail journeys to and from Port Vendres cost 1 euro each, and the savings we made went a long way towards paying our hotel bills. We would confirm that there seem to be very few tickets available and got ours through spending ages watching the web-site and waiting for the tickets to be released.
frenchiegas
Rank 1
Rank 1

€1 Train

Post by frenchiegas »

I've been trying for weeks to try and book a day return to either Beziers or Narbonne.Impossible to find anything at all despite trying various days and hours. :(
If that had gone in.............it would have been a goal.