1 Euro Train

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

1 Euro Train

Post by Davidsimon »

Was looking to book from Argeles sur Mer to Montpellier for a day trip.The only problem I've found is you need to book outgoing and returns separately I entered one of the offered outgoings only to find there was no train listed to get me back at the time I need.Anybody tried it yet?
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

One Euro Train

Post by alan »

Has anyone been able to buy tickets yet?

I searched my proposed journey tonight and found a suitable train but I couldn't find any way of confirming my purchase and making payment.

There have been messages to the effect that they can't cope with demand but are working on the problem.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Just odd that it's so restrictive.Why not just sell tickets through a machine at the station as they did with the trialled routes?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I understand from reading another FB Group that the 1€ train site is now up and running. Don't know for how long. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Dylan
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

One Euro Train

Post by alan »

I've tried again but I can't get beyond "resultants".
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

:( :roll:
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

https://www.train1euro.fr/

Working for me. I just made a trial run and could get a ticket for 1€ Argeles to Narbonne at 10 am on 29th Jan. Didn't check coming back.
Dylan
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

One Euro Train

Post by alan »

The trains I wanted in February are now no longer available!
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Sue wrote:https://www.train1euro.fr/

Working for me. I just made a trial run and could get a ticket for 1€ Argeles to Narbonne at 10 am on 29th Jan. Didn't check coming back.
That's the problem Sue I know it's only 1 euro,but you book outward only to find you can only get a return the next day.Needs some fine tuning maybe.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I must admit I didn't try for the return journey. I have just done so and If I was prepared to leave Narbonne just before 9 pm then I could return the same day for 1€. Seems to me, if people are prepared to be flexible, it works.
When I have a mo I will play around some more.
Dylan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

It seems nothing more than a publicity stunt.

IMO it would be much better for everyone if they simply reduced fares over the winter if the trains are running empty, or offer last-minute half-price fares to fill the seas. The 1€ thing doesn't seem to benefit anyone.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29