Future development plans for Perpignan airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

dendi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan airport

Post by dendi »

We have had our apartment in st paul de fenouillet for the last 2 years and mix our travelling by car and air. When you look at finances of travel it is cheaper to fly and rent a car for stays of 1 or 2 weeks. Any stays of longer than this it is cheaper to use your own car.
We have a 2 hour journey to stansted airport but live near to Norwich airport, about 25 minutes away which would be our ideal. Norwich is similar in size to perpignan airport and is also looking to expand its services. Currently there are few if any flights to france from norwich and I feel sure that this a niche waiting to be filled by some enterprising airline - Ryanair and Flybe take note!!!!
A mans a man for a that
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Hi Kate and Dimidiu

Just out of interest what cuts more weight with the airlines? Weekly Commuters, 5-15 times a year regulars or periodic waves of tourists?

I am inclined to agree with an earlier poster that some strategic advertising for P-O as 'destination' would build traffic quite readily. There is so much yet so few know.

DoI
Yes I have an apartment that I rent out so I have a potential bias. However I have always argued that the best way for the commuters to get their cheap service is for the volume market to be sustainable. Even better if year-round (skiing?).

J
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Ann Diamond
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ann Diamond »

I am very happy with the Ryanair service to Stansted now that we have flights in the winter again but I have a number of friends who travel from the north of England, Scotland and Ireland who are not so well served.

Its a pity that the navette no longer runs from the airport to the train station. This was particularly useful for those travelling on to the villages along the route to Cebere.
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

There is a navette that runs from the airport to Perpignan
Yiayia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan airport

Post by Yiayia »

It would be good to have flights to Bristol or Birmingham, all year. We currently go via Toulouse or Beziers.

The bus that passes through the airport is a normal village bus not a navette and goes to Place Catalunya. From there you have to get the small shuttle bus or walk.
This bus does not pick up at the train or bus stations, there is no connection with flights, stops at 18.00 and does not run on Sundays. Not very sensible if you want people to use the airport more.

The shuttle appearing on the internet search no longer exists!

Perpignan needs tourists and must do something to address the lack of convenient public transport linking the airport and train and bus stations!
Thuir Maria.
cerberus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan Airport Destinations

Post by cerberus »

Just to add our support to an all year round flight to Birmingham. Getting from Stansted to the Midlands is a pain and can take hours as I'm sure others will confirm. Even once a week would be great.
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Perpignan airport

Post by gleber »

The No. 7 bus does still run from the centre of Perpignan to the airport and back. We used it on Thursday 29th January to catch the Ryanair flight to Stansted having first taken the bus from St. Cyprien to Perpignan bus station and then walking down to Place Catalogne. We picked the No 7 up at Place Catalogne but you can also pick it up at Boulivard Wilson, It costs 2euro 40 for two, a lot cheaper than a taxi and took about 15 mins and runs every 30 mins. If you google c t p m and look for Ligne 7 Cabestany-Aeroport/Peyrestories you should be able to download a timetable for the Perpignan City Bus Company.

Hope this helps.
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

PERPIGNAN AIRPORT UPGRADE

Post by gleber »

Could we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a service from either EDINBURGH or GLASGOW PRESTWICK to PERPIGNAN. We have been travelling all over the country for the last 12 years following wherever Ryanair are flying from in order to get to our holiday home in St. Cyprien.
Gleber.
oulibede
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by oulibede »

Another vote for Birmingham Perpignan all year round please.
lo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Future development plans for Perpignan airport

Post by lo »

Admin wrote:Just a quick recap of my chat with the director and development manager of Perpignan airport yesterday.

First, a big thank you to all of those who have already commented, either here or on the FB page. The airport management ARE reading, listening - and following the thread with interest. They are open to all suggestions and constructive criticism, and this is not a one-off discussion which will just fade away after Christmas - they have already started implementing improvements. Despite the fact that some people felt it not appropriate to say 'I want a flight to Leeds' (that's me!) they are genuinely interested in seeing which destination appear to be the most popular, so please carry on doing this.

Below is a brief resumé of our conversation, tho I didn't take any notes, so it's quite general. More detailed info will be supplied in the New Year.

- Work has already started on the new look airport, which will have terrace for watching planes (and smokers), exec lounge, better all round eating, drinking and loo facilities, with improved departure lounge. Part of the new airport will be in the building on your right as you drive up to the airport. According to the plans and photos I have seen, it looks smart and chic.

- They have looked at transport to and fro, and from March/April 2015, there should be airport transport. They are looking at a taxi share booking system where people can sign up to share a taxi to, say, Argeles.

- Staff have been pulled up about the bad attitude which they agree was present. They are much more pleasant and friendly now and hopefully that problem is on the way to being solved. They continue to monitor.

- A questionnaire will be prepared and posted online to continue to monitor your opinions

Finally, a big thank you to airport director Denis Leluc, and development manager Dimitri Sindres, who were totally charming and have instigated a new idea at Perpignan airport - listening to the needs of their clients!

PLEASE PASS ON THE LINK TO THIS THREAD. THE GREATER THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS, THE BETTER THE CASE TO PUT FORWARD.
lo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan Airport

Post by lo »

It would be great if we could fly from Denmark (Billund) to Perpignan. We are in Maureillas and have a lot og renters that would use the route too.