Hotels in Barcelona

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hotels in Barcelona

Post by kathyw »

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Barcelona. Central location.
Thanks
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There was a whole thread on this ages ago, but I can't find it. I recommend the Gaudi, just off the Ramblas.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/gaudi-b ... ity_target

Quirky hotel, large, clean room and private car park (extra but still cheap compared to Barcelona in general). The prices were reasonable too, particularly considering the prime position. Breakfast was our only negative, copious buffet with French, Spanish or English breakfast but quality was pretty cr-p. Apart from that, it was excellent, but this was over a year ago and things do change, usually whenever I recommend something. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Kate on Mon 08 Sep 2014 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I almost always stay at the Hotel Call - like Kate's just off the Ramblas (but notably cheaper, as those who know me would expect). At the level of the Liceu. Nothing special: I chose it initially at random and have never seen reason to go elsewhere. (Once you have found somewhere in the Barri Gotic, it is a shame not to re-use the information). Some people I recommended it to last year hated it, and moved, because their only window opened onto a light-well: not something which bothers me, at their price, but if it might trouble you, ask about the rooms you are offered.

Whether it is nice is a whole other question, which I can't claim to answer. But no bed-bugs that I've noticed.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Our view from the Gaudi wasn't good - we were at the back so looking out over some grubby balconies with washing lines, but we were only using it as a (very comfortable) base, so didn't really have time to look out of the window!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote: Breakfast was our only negative, copious buffet with French, Spanish or English breakfast but quality was pretty cr-p. Apart from that, it was excellent, but this was over a year ago and things do change, usually whenever I recommend something. :roll: :roll:
If you are going to stay near the Ramblas, you might as well have breakfast here

http://www.escriba.es/mov/es

It is as corny as all hell, and the chocolate drink is so thick as to be almost undrinkable/eatable, but why go to Barcelona if you are not going to be corny?
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Hostal centro it's room only no meals but newly renovated & spotless clean. Location great 5 min walk from Place de Catalunia