Booking Ryanair - a cautionary tale

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Rab Ha'
Rank 0
Rank 0

Booking Ryanair - a cautionary tale

Post by Rab Ha' »

A friend booked a flight on Ryanair yesterday but incurred a 20 quid booking fee on top of the seventeen pounds odd fare.

What happened was that he punched in 'Ryanair' on Yahoo and clicked on the first hit on the list.

The page that came up looked like Ryanair but actually it wasn't. It was in fact the eDreams site. They charged the 20 quid booking fee.

I checked and this occurs with Google, Yahoo, etc.

I'm not sure what the relationship between these two is but I bet it's a close one.

So. next time you travel, make sure you log into Ryanair.com to avoid this.

Cheers.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Booking Ryanair - a cautionary tale

Post by Allan »

Rab Ha' wrote:A friend booked a flight on Ryanair yesterday but incurred a 20 quid booking fee on top of the seventeen pounds odd fare.

What happened was that he punched in 'Ryanair' on Yahoo and clicked on the first hit on the list.

The page that came up looked like Ryanair but actually it wasn't. It was in fact the eDreams site. They charged the 20 quid booking fee.

I checked and this occurs with Google, Yahoo, etc.

I'm not sure what the relationship between these two is but I bet it's a close one.

So. next time you travel, make sure you log into Ryanair.com to avoid this.

Cheers.
The relationship mostly exists in a courtroom. Ryanair, Easyjet and others have been trying to stop eDreams selling their flights for years.

Another similar company is Bravofly who do much the same thing.

http://www.travolution.co.uk/Articles/2 ... +campaign.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... ?market=en

Travel websites are littered with complaints about these companies
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I booked a flight with BravoFly last year. Could not find a way to book it directly with the airline and although I was worried about lack of communication from Bravo. Everything went OK.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29