CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

MAMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MAMIE »

I have just brought over to France a new Nisan car from the UK( bought in the UK).
I want to register it in France and have to produce the C O C.
Nissan in the UK will charge over £100 to send me a copy and that will take 45 days + 7 for the cheque to clear.
Nissan FR also will charge over 100 Euros but won't take so long to arrive by post.
I visited the DRIRE office in Perpignan but they no longer supply a COC and said that I must go directly to Nissan
Has anyone had to do this and any advice on how not to pay these large charges?
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I had to register my Jeep here and get a COC via Fiat in Paris.

The charge was around 150 euros and I am afraid as far as I am aware is unavoidable.

Be also prepared to pay the registration fee based on emissions - this was over 500 euros admittedly for a 4 litre guzzler.

Bonne chance!
MAMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MAMIE »

THANKS FOR YOUR HELPFUL REPLY, I SUPPOSE I SHALL JUST HAVE TO PAY UP
Caroline
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Caroline »

Hi Mamie,

I don't know if I was just lucky but when I needed a Certificate for my Honda (which was first tegistered in Italy and which I bought in the Uk so thought it would be a nightmare) I just emailed the customer service department at the Head Office of Honda and they sent me a form to fill in and then sent the certificate very quickly and with no charge.
Caroline
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY

Post by martyn94 »

MAMIE wrote:THANKS FOR YOUR HELPFUL REPLY, I SUPPOSE I SHALL JUST HAVE TO PAY UP
I GUESS YOU PROBABLY RIGHT.
willington
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willington »

looks like it will be nightmare for me and my car....Saab are no longer in business!

Any ideas how I am going to get around this situation...apart from selling it in the UK and buying one registered already in France?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I think that's the best option unless it's old enough to be classified a "voiture de collection".

Isn't it time that the EU did something to stop this nonsense? Any car sold within the EU has to comply with all relevent EU Directives so must comply. Why should France need a certificate?

Russell.
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I'm afraid that I can't understand why France needs most of what it requires for the simplest of tasks and makes everything unnecessarily complicated.

But if we want to live here we just have to put up with it.

Think yourselves lucky, my neighbour has imported an ex Swiss army Mercedes G wagon badged up as a Puch. Amongst other things they require a noise test - nearest station Montpelier - as well as an EMF (electromagnetic field) test in spite of the fact that being ex-army the thing has special insulation everywhere so the electronics didn't interfere with the radios!
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

It would appear that you can get a COC for Saab here http://www.certificatdeconformite-coc.c ... rmite-saab

Failing that googling certificat de conformite Saab produces plenty of results.