Car parking at Perpignan Airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Car parking at Perpignan Airport

Post by Smiley G »

I am considering leaving my car at Perpignan Airport car park whilst back in the UK for a few days and would be grateful for any feedback as to whether there are any security issues i.e. break ins etc. before I make up my mind.
Thanks
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

We haven't had any problems parking at Perps airport for 9 years or so with a now-elderly vehicle. Unlike Beziers airport, they don't lock the carpark in the evening after the last flight of the day i.e. you can drop/collect your vehicle any time, which can be useful if you want to take a train. I'm not sure there is much security in the form of CCTV or patrols though
CD
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CD »

Before we moved down permanently, we left our car at the airport all year on a season ticket.

Make sure you have a locking fuel cap (lost half a tank once!).

Generally park along the fence at the west side of the parking to avoid getting scraped by the less careful parkers.

Never park near a walkway, you'll get dinged and scratched for sure. Once parked in a space next to the walkway opposite arrivals and returned to find a van parked in the walkway right up against the drivers door! Had to open the passenger door, let off the handbrake and push it backwards to get in.