Insuring a French car whilst in the UK

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Insuring a French car whilst in the UK

Post by Nigel Bright »

I currently am retired/residing in France, but have secured a one year contract to work back in the UK. I want to take my French car with French registration plates to the UK for the year I work there.
The DVLC have no problem me using the car in the UK as long as I fill in the necessary C110 form, but I have hit a wall regarding insurance.
My French Axa foreign travel car insurance/breakdown assistance will only cover me for the first 3 months, so I will need to find a UK car insurance company to insure me for the rest of the time I am there.
I have searched the web and was told Tesco would cover me using the chassis number instead of the registration plate, but apparently they have now stopped this type of cover.
Does anyone know of any other UK insurance company offering this type insurance?
Brighty
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Andrew Copeland insurance (www.andrewcopeland.co.uk tel: 00442086562544) seem to cover all the various policies for people going to live abroad or returning home... Don't know anything about their prices but I have a couple of friends who have been using them for a while to insure a UK registered car in France and are very happy, so assume they will do it the other way round. Bonne chance.
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nigel Bright »

Thanks Kate. From their website they only seem to offer insurance for UK vehicles in France, but I will contact them by email and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
Brighty