Girona Airport to Perpignan

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Girona Airport to Perpignan

Post by redneckrover »

Now that Frogbus are no more, can anybody suggest the best way to get from Girona airport to Perpignan ?
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Maybe you could try with Perpicat. I don't have a telephone but maybe this is somewhere on this site. I'm not sure if you can only buy a one-way ticket.

There are some "black" taxis but I cannot give names etc.. I'm not sure how much this costs but it's certainly more than what Frogbus' charged. Still, the black taxis are cheaper than normal taxis from Girona.

I found the number for the Perpicat is 04 68 80 69 98. Give them a call.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

Thanks Blackduff , I appreciate that , I was wondering about going into Girona city on the bus and getting the train to Perpignan ? is that an option ??
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Worth asking to see if anyone else is travelling at the same time as you, and share costs. There is also a train to Girona station from Perps and a bus to the airport (www.renfe.com) , but I don't know the bus details.

There is also a FB page for offering or looking for lifts and a web site which may be useful too. http://www.takeme.fr
Good luck. Let us know if you find a good solution.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Also car pooling 66 on Facebook is a good place to look.
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Sue. That's the one I meant. couldn't remember the name. Doh.
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

PERPICAT

Post by rhys »

http://perpicat.com/

Perpicat seems still to be functioning.

I have used the service on and off for maybe three years between Gerona Airport and Argel`es - always found it excellent.

I once tried to get to Argel`es using bus to Gerona train station plus train - it took forever with the change at the border.
If the Perpicat service is available it is definitely to be preferred to the train ( unless something has changed radically in that department recently ).
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have seen someone else advertise recently and cant now find it. Any ideas?
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Argeles

Post by tubs »

Rhys, can I ask you why you spell Argeles, Argel' es? It's puzzled me for ages.