RYANAIR

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

RYANAIR

Post by Sue »

Dylan
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

So, if you are traveling as a couple and want to sit together, you have to pay extra for an allocated seat :(

Russell.

PS.
What does " from £/€ 10" mean? It could be any amount greater than €10!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

maybe it's more than 10 if you want extra legroom for BOTH legs :idea:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

That's a shame. I have always been able, when travelling alone, to be last on the plane and still sit in the first couple of rows, thanks to the optimistic couples who thought they would bag a row of three to themselves. No doubt there will still be fuss from couples who cannot bear to be parted, but are too mean or stupid to pay to be together.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

I wonder what happens if you have kids?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I imagine it doesnt matter if its 2 of you or 6 of you, if you want to sit together you are all going to have to pay.
Dylan
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

At the moment you can pre book the " priority " seats for a fee of 10 euros
When you choose to do so you are shown a plan of the plane and you highlight the seat you want .
This is just a guess but I would imagine this will continue when these new rules apply and if you check in early you will be able to get your seat next to your beloved but if you choose to check in 1 day prior then you will have to make do with what's left.
Simples !
Stop knocking Ryanair it's part of the reason we are all here and know cam you complain at his prices ?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

If people read the link I posted they will see that Priority Boarding is included in the Premium seat booking price and can be included in the Regular seat booking for an extra 2€.
This is different to normal Ryanair practice but is nothing different to what some other budget airlines have been doing for years. I have recently been back to the UK and paid 14.99€ each way. Probably less than a packet of fags and a pint of beer in the UK these days.
I put the link on to notify people of the changes being made from the 1st Feb so no one could complain they didnt know.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

A clever way for o'leeery to get the 'booking fee' that was lost recently back.
I do however agree that the Ryanair prices beat all the rest hands down....so maybe we shouldn't complain too much.....
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I agree. Ryanair take a huge amount of flak but they don't deserve it. I just came down for the weekend for £30.00 return.For that money they can stow me in the overhead lockers if they like and who cares where you sit, all of the seats are equally as terrible. I take my hat off to Ryanair.
Karen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Karen »

Hi

My daughter checked in just now for her flight on 12th February,
travelling with her 2yr 11mth daughter,
the allocated seats are together.

Karen
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Did she have to pay for them to be together or were they just allocated that way?
Dylan
Karen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Karen »

Allocated that way

Karen
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

In their press release a few months ago they stated publicly that where passengers had not reserved seats that they would endeavour so sit people travelling together in adjacent seats.

This is in stark contrast to a lot of the holiday companies who play on peoples fears and push seat reservations at them with the message 'reserve your seats to ensure that you sit together'.

Ryanair really is my favourite airline
Mimmi
Rank 2
Rank 2

couples

Post by Mimmi »

I would imagine if you check in together they (the system) will naturally allocate seats which are next to each other if possible. I am more concerned if I will be able to choose an aisle seat without extra payment... That is my preference and travelling mostly alone it was always possible to find one. I hate being squeezed between two people :cry:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

My daughter has just booked in online and the 3 of them are together with allocated seats, automatically done and no extra charge, they arrive Sunday..hope the strikes are over :/
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Ryanair latest news on seats

Post by Smiley G »

Latest Press Release from Ryanair (31:01:14) explains it all. Priority boarding now makes sense especially if you want your cabin bag to remain in the cabin.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/allocate ... ir-flights
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Karen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Karen »

Thank you for the info Smiley G.
Very useful.

Karen
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Just to set the record straight, the A9 toll from Le Boulou towards Spain is still 0.70€ each way.
I have just returned from a trip to the U.K. using the Stansted/Girona route.
Ryanair are NOT currently applying the new baggage rule (First 90 bags in the aircraft, the rest in there luggage hold FOC.)
I understand they will shortly apply the baggage rule according to today's cabin crew.
There were definitely more passengers including myself using Priority Boarding, with many, purchasing the option in Departures.
The allocated seat system is working well apart from the idiots who get on the aircraft at the wrong end and then have to walk the length of the aircraft to get to their seat! :twisted: They walk the earth :lol:
I will post any developments in due course.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

We have just flown as a family, did not book any priority seats , we were 4 people and were located seats together for both trips. unfortunately some folks are unable to work out which row they should be sat in , we should all have been in Row 8 . when my daughter arrived there, a family of 3 were already settled there , they should have been in row 7 and they should have been in row 3 ! so quite a bit of shuffling about , removing baggage from the lockers etc .
It seemed to take forever to load.
I did not see evidence of bags being put in the hold outbound, but on our return the 2 staff were wandering around looking for solid wheel suitcases to tag and take to the hold.
The extra hand bag is a bonus, book, glasses, snack , passport to hand, sweets etc
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

I spoke to someone today who had flown in to Girona from Manchester. Rigid cases were selected for free luggage hold transportation.
These selections, I understand, were from the ordinary queue and not Priority Boarding.
The crew were apparently very efficient at getting people to board the aircraft at the correct end. This was not the case when I travelled from Stansted to Girona a couple of weeks ago but on that occasion ALL cabin luggage was brought onboard.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

A big supprise last night to see Ryanair advrtising on TV.......I wonder if prices will increase?
I did read in their inflight mag that after introducing an extra cabin bag there were to be other changes.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Hi. We've just come over from UK (Easter 2014). We have found the new cabin baggage rules & seat allocation are actually quite good. We have not paid any seat booking fee and on 4 flights have always been put together. I think the trick is to on-line check in as early as possible i.e. on the 7th day before the outbound flight. They seem to allocate seats in pairs until they only have singles left. In any event, it's only a two hour flight and it's not the end of the world if we don't sit together. The biggest problem for us is printing our return boarding passes within 7 days of the return journey. We have checked in on-line, got seats together, and have a memory stick with PDFs of our boarding passes, but now need to find somewhere to print them before next Monday.
We find it much easier to have them put our 'large' cabin bags in the hold and offer them up at boarding. It's much easier to get on and off the plane without them, and because they are amongst the last bags to go in the hold, they are the first on the carousel at Girona. We keep all our vital stuff in a small hand cabin bag and this makes life much easier, and we don't need to wrestle for overhead baggage storage space. The biggest benefit is that we don't need to race to be the first ones standing in the queue for boarding, we can finish our drinks in the lounge and take a leisurely stroll to the gate, tag on the end of the queue after everyone's gone through, and avoid all the stress and the hustle. javascript:emoticon(':)')
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

Isnt it 14 days prior to the flight that you can check in??
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

My sister has just tried online check in & found you can't check in for return flight if over 7 days away. It's been clever ploy by Ryanair as usual if you can't or don't want to spend time checking in & printing while you are away you must choose priority boarding, which costs off course, Mr O'leary doesn't give up easily lol😄😄
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Ryanair Booking Changes

Post by Smiley G »

Just spotted something new;
When you make your booking and want to buy your allocated seat there and then, REMEMBER if you want priority boarding as well, you HAVE TO SELECT IT AND PAY AN ADDITIONAL FEE on top of the seat allocation fee.
I know it's only a minor point as you'll get your chosen seat anyway but your bag MAY end up in the hold if you're way down the line in the "Other Q"
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Geoman wrote:My sister has just tried online check in & found you can't check in for return flight if over 7 days away. It's been clever ploy by Ryanair as usual if you can't or don't want to spend time checking in & printing while you are away you must choose priority boarding, which costs off course, Mr O'leary doesn't give up easily lol😄😄
The 7 day restriction is only for people without allocated seating, if you have allocated seating then it is 30 days.

This doesn't seem entirely unreasonable - they are simply keeping all seats on sale until 7 days before the flight and then allocating the remainder to people that have chosen not to choose seats.
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by geoff.smith »

you can print allez au retour boarding passes at the same time if you are only going for a visit under 14 days..Geoff
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

one thing I noticed is that on your boarding pass that you print yourself it gives the flight time and the time that the GATE closes, it use to show the time that the baggage gate closed, so if you turn up just before the gate closes the baggage drop will already be closed.

only a subtle change but as I don't have a bag very often it caught me out.