Spain considers putting back the clocks

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Spain considers putting back the clocks

Post by Smiley G »

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
CharlesRyder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Spain considers putting back the clocks

Post by CharlesRyder »

This is also in EuroNews Business Section
http://www.euronews.com/2013/09/27/spai ... ductivity/
Perhaps the French should do likewise.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Sounds a good idea to me!!! The Spanish Lifestyle Timetable was always a problem for me.... i am not keen on eating at 10.00pm.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Have I missed something? They are on the same time zone as france and yet they claim they miss out on an hours sleep each evening, have to start work later, eat dinner later, have a long lunch etc etc...why? Why not just start work at a normal time and finish at a normal time; except in the summer when they have a siesta but changing the time by 1 hour isnt going to change anything else. What am I missing?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Phipplebert wrote:Have I missed something? They are on the same time zone as france and yet they claim they miss out on an hours sleep each evening, have to start work later, eat dinner later, have a long lunch etc etc...why? Why not just start work at a normal time and finish at a normal time; except in the summer when they have a siesta but changing the time by 1 hour isnt going to change anything else. What am I missing?
It's because the majority of Spain is to the West of France so the sun sets later and rises later. In some parts of Spain at this time of year the sun doesn't rise until 8:30 in the morning.

In Britain there is a groundswell of feeling that the clocks should be brought into line with Europe and hence have lighter evenings, its strange that the Spanish would want to go the other way.
Last edited by Allan on Fri 27 Sep 2013 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Allan, right that makes sense :oops:
:D
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Spain Clocks

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Could we have a vote on it? :wink:

Helen