Ryanair Remorse

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Ryanair Remorse

Post by Owens88 »

John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Let's hope it's true. He's been dangerously close to "doing a Ratner" for a long time. I hope he starts with streamlining the web site.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I wish his share price would fall quite a lot further, to the level I sold out at last year (not that I lost faith: I just needed the money for something else). O'Leary is nothing if not calculating (he is an accountant, after all): momentary penitence gets as much free publicity as momentary outrageousness (charging the punters for having a pee): I imagine the machine will grind on much as before after this minor glitch. There is no real competition, and no sign that the public will suddenly want to stay at home - or to pay over the odds for the customer service they profess to value.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

You know what. I have flown hundreds of times with Ryanair, I play by their rules, I never step out of line, I never buy any of their stuff and I have to say they are very rarely late, they are never rude, they get me quickly and efficiently to any place I want to go and I have never paid more than £30.00 to fly from Stansted to Perpignan. Frankly for that price they could be rude and even physically abuse me. I for one salute Ryanair and Michael O'Leary.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

To be fair personalities do not matter that much, the business model does.

The open declaration that Ryanair flights are like buses, with service expectations to match, is fair game. However there are not enough simple 'flying bus users' to make it pay so holidaymakers and families must be part of the mix. Alienating that segment with the aggressive tactics is losing Ryanair some business. Ultimately they can take flights away when they stop making money, also fair game, but at a cost to their regular bus users.

Business is about managing the mix. He is now trying to rebalance, a bit.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

To be fair personalities do not matter that much, the business model does.

The open declaration that Ryanair flights are like buses, with service expectations to match, is fair game. However there are not enough simple 'flying bus users' to make it pay so holidaymakers and families must be part of the mix. Alienating that segment with the aggressive tactics is losing Ryanair some business. Ultimately they can take flights away when they stop making money, also fair game, but at a cost to their regular bus users.

Business is about managing the mix. He is now trying to rebalance, a bit.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I guess so and I am the very typical Ryanair bus service passenger. In fact it almost feels as though I'm taking advantage of them, it simply cannot be possible to make any money out of flying me around Europe for less than £30.00. I often wonder what percentage of passengers on each flight are of the same profile. The only real observation I can make is that every flight I have ever been on has been full.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

So, you are worth it ! :)
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk