PERPIGNAN AIRPORT 2014

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

[quote="dimidu66"]Hi BT, yes we are working in order to keep a year-round service with Dublin.

Like everyone else i would much prefer direct flights from Perpignan to various UK airports, i was just thinking that if there was a year round service to Dublin you could get to almost anywhere in the UK from there
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

lonesome paddy wrote:
dimidu66 wrote:Hi BT, yes we are working in order to keep a year-round service with Dublin.

Like everyone else i would much prefer direct flights from Perpignan to various UK airports, i was just thinking that if there was a year round service to Dublin you could get to almost anywhere in the UK from there
Or as there are year round flights to stansted you can get to almost anywhere in Ireland from there ! :lol:
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

interiors66 wrote:
lonesome paddy wrote:
dimidu66 wrote:Hi BT, yes we are working in order to keep a year-round service with Dublin.

Or as there are year round flights to stansted you can get to almost anywhere in Ireland from there ! :lol:
I agree, you could :roll:

But to get from stanstead to the north is a car hire and 5 hour drive, or a train to wherever in London( I would not have a clue) and another expensive train to Manchester or Liverpool. The Gerona Manchester flight always seemed popular last winter and previous winters - what changed?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Ryanair's strategy changed. Even if some flights were popular, they need their aircrafts to operate the new routes they announced from major airports like Amsterdam/Rome and new major airports should be added soon in their network. Their new target is business passengers. As the main part of their activity was focussed on leisure market, it is a huge upset in Ryanair's network.
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Ryanair is back on Perpignan - Birmingham route for July month. Only August flights were available for booking until now. Ryanair will operate a twice weekly service each Tuesday & Saturday.

Flybe will operate Perpignan - Birmingham route each Saturday from May, 18th to August, 29th.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

So 2 airlines doing same run. What about one of them doing a southern UK flight.
Dylan
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Flybe is also flying from Perpignan to Southampton for southern UK operations ;-)
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Unfortunately that is still a 3+ hour drive for me on some of the worst roads in the UK. I need Bristol or even better Exeter.
Dylan
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Perpignan Airport

Post by CarolineN »

hi

That is great for the summer that there are more flights. HOWEVER a lot of us would like to be able to commute during the winter months - and have family and friends come out to stay. Also it is a great tourist destination, but it appears you only want tourists to come from Paris or London in the winter months

when we first came here nearly 7 years ago there was a Perpignan/Bristol flight which ran a couple of times a week. It was always pretty much full, even in the winter.

How about contacting Easy Jet - see if they want to fly folk into the region. Why be beholden to Ryanair
Tuzzi1987

Post by Tuzzi1987 »

I havn't travel first class before,waht the feeling coque google nexus 6 coque nexus 6