FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

I used Frogbus to Girona for the first time and last.

I was waiting the TGV gare with about 6 others.

Waiting and waiting 10 min , 20 min 30 min oh god whats going on we all asked , do we get a taxi, then a spanish brown bus went by us on the other side waving his arms he was going to the Castillet first, then come back.

15 minutes later he turned up, now this was nearly an hour late !!

We were all very concerned to have problems with checkinn and missing our flights, as he had to stop off at Boulou and through to Girona first.

Driver was spanish didnt speak English or French.

He was ticking our names off with not a care in the world.

We had a lady that could speak spanish, so she explained to him that we need to go direct to the airport and not stop off in Girona, as we were very close to missing our flights, luckily he agreed (not sure about the Girona clients waiting to go to the airport)

If i missed the flight, i would have missed meeting a group of 40odd French kids at Bristol airport and left there by themselves, soooo lucky .

Not again
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

A little warning then. If your journey to the airport via any public means of transport is utterly crucial for a meeting, flight or connection, leave a lot of time for error. Likewise with Ryanair. e.g. in the autumn we are flying out of Manchester to Vancouver. We have booked Ryanair flights from GRO to MAN 2 days before, allowing for delay or cancellation, as the Vancouver flight is crucial. Luckily we have somewhere to stay in the Manchester area. But if possible we would never trust to others' reliability when on a tight schedule.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Frogbus

Post by Pauljhonley »

blackduff wrote:
Rose wrote:If the SNCR train journeys arrive more than 2 hours late then compensation is paid. Airlines are also expected to pay out if journeys are delayed. If I book a ticket for a bus that does not arrive and I then incur extra charges for tolls and petrol, they have not honoured their contract with me. This is a company registered in Ireland not France. Would like to know the EU rules on this. They call themselves a virtual coach company. It's another Michael O'Leary type of company. They ask for a mobile 'phone number to contact you if there are problems but do not contact you. You are also unable to contact them because they refuse to answer their 'phones or e-mails when they ask you to e-mail them. Their office address is false. Their online site also offers reductions for over 55s but there is nowhere to add your age to take advantage of the reductions. All mouth but no trousers, as my Dad used to say!
Rose
Why do you think Frogbus has a "False" address. Is this just by what the previous poster said? I sure wouldn't put a statement "false" if you're not ready to pay compensation from the Frogbus. The address you're mentioning is a business address. Joe might have a partner with Yousef. In any case, how can you make statements without checking.

Blackduff
We shouldn't lose track of what the issues are here:-
It's not about compensation, it's about Frogbus treating customers with care which means communicating, responding to concerns & keeping promises.
I for one am taking my business elsewhere (I've tried everything to get a reasonable reply from Frogbus and have come to the conclusion they just don't care about their customers).
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Frogbus did used to follow the forum and answer questions quite regularly. Unfortunately, we have been unable to get any response from them recently, probably because they advertised for a long period on the site and in the mag, but don't want to pay for it. Joe, mentioned in this thread, is (or certainly has always come. over as) actually a very nice guy and i can't imagine that he will be happy about this situation. In the past, he has always tried to sort things as best as able, but I don't think he is the decision maker in this. Just speculating, could be wrong, but I've met him a few times and can't see him ignoring or deliberately letting people down. There again, what do I know? :oops:
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

It is purely the principle.
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

I will write to them
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

So glad to see you back again Rose....tho I don't think you were considered as one of the three witches. I believe that particular pleasanterie was one of the nicer titles for myself and two other ladies who posted regularly. :witch: :witch:

All over now, in the past, and if it helped a few people get some angry feeling out of their systems, tant mieux.

Totally agree tho that we (and I speak in particular for myself) tend to drop things too easily when a refund or a complaint becomes challenging..... and this is how companies fet away with these things again and again. It is not the money, it is the principle, and if we don't stand up occasionally and be counted, we have no right to expect change or improvement.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Kate...interesting about the advetising in the mag and on the site and not wanting to pay for it...perhaps that is the ethos of the company .....
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I was a witch and you werent the other Rose! :witch: :witch: :witch:
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Rose wrote:PS Blackduff is obviously knows Joe and I appreciate he feels the need to defend him. Perhaps he could ask Joe to clarify the situation.
Rose
I don't know Joe although he was in the Cafe des Artiste a few times. I play darts sometimes and I see a lot of other people too. Joe stops by to have a craic with the other Irish lads.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Is it worth contacting the small claims court in Eire?

Russell.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

blackduff wrote:
Rose wrote:PS Blackduff is obviously knows Joe and I appreciate he feels the need to defend him. Perhaps he could ask Joe to clarify the situation.
Rose
I don't know Joe although he was in the Cafe des Artiste a few times. I play darts sometimes and I see a lot of other people too. Joe stops by to have a craic with the other Irish lads.

Blackduff
Re your Facebook quote, you do realise that when you make a booking on Frogbus that you pay in advance & therefore they enter a contract to deliver a service?
Paul
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Pauljhonley wrote:
blackduff wrote:
Rose

Blackduff
Re your Facebook quote, you do realise that when you make a booking on Frogbus that you pay in advance & therefore they enter a contract to deliver a service?
Paul
Paul, what Facebook quote are you talking about. First, I'm not on Facebook and I haven't quoted anything from anybody from Facebook. :? :? :?

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

blackduff wrote:
Pauljhonley wrote:
blackduff wrote: Rose

Blackduff
Paul
Paul, what Facebook quote are you talking about. First, I'm not on Facebook and I haven't quoted anything from anybody from Facebook. :? :? :?

Blackduff
Hi sorry but whenever you post (at least on this subject) there is the following statement at the bottom after your comments.
FACEBOOK THOUGHT "if you're not paying for it you're not the customer, you're the product.
Sorry I thought it was a proverb from you.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Just a thought, why not go to a bus stop where they stop and ask the driver for the office address or the depot.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

opas wrote:Just a thought, why not go to a bus stop where they stop and ask the driver for the office address or the depot.
Good thought
Opas.
I believe all the buses are hired by Frogbus (they call themselves a virtual bus company) so I don't think their depot will help but you are right they must have a reliable contact method.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I seem to think their depot used to be in Elne, but that was when they started their service. another thought is what about the consomateurs? After all you have paid for a service you did not receive.

I too would be furious if any of this had happened to me.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Paul
"Hi sorry but whenever you post (at least on this subject) there is the following statement at the bottom after your comments.
FACEBOOK THOUGHT "if you're not paying for it you're not the customer, you're the product.
Sorry I thought it was a proverb from you
."

The little snippet after my name is just letting people to understand that Facebook isn't free.

Blackduff
Last edited by blackduff on Tue 30 Jul 2013 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

sue and paul wrote:A little warning then. If your journey to the airport via any public means of transport is utterly crucial for a meeting, flight or connection, leave a lot of time for error. Likewise with Ryanair. e.g. in the autumn we are flying out of Manchester to Vancouver. We have booked Ryanair flights from GRO to MAN 2 days before, allowing for delay or cancellation, as the Vancouver flight is crucial. Luckily we have somewhere to stay in the Manchester area. But if possible we would never trust to others' reliability when on a tight schedule.
Hi Sue and Paul,
when you have a service and time of arrival,you can plan and have confidence around this and of course allow a little time for a traffic jam, but when a service states it is suppose to pass and pick you up , you would only expect it to be 10 or so minutes late, hence booking this hour for the transfer.

If not this one, i would have been at the airport 5 hours before my flight, over compensating i feel for a regular transfer service, which doesnt include inter connecting flights or long haul border controls .
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

opas wrote:I seem to think their depot used to be in Elne, but that was when they started their service. another thought is what about the consomateurs? After all you have paid for a service you did not receive.

I too would be furious if any of this had happened to me.
Hi opals
Could you expand on "consomateurs". Is this like an ombudsman.?
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

I will now write to them.
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:34, edited 3 times in total.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

It is the principle.
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:35, edited 2 times in total.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

Paul,
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Why don't you contact l'Independant? I think that would reach a lot more users of the service than a UK paper. You could also make a complaint to the Conseil General 66 or Girona Airport as I would imagine they are partners in some way.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Santiago wrote:Why don't you contact l'Independant? I think that would reach a lot more users of the service than a UK paper. You could also make a complaint to the Conseil General 66 or Girona Airport as I would imagine they are partners in some way.
Good idea might just try that next.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Well I managed to contact Frogbus by Text starting SOS.
This lasted 3 texts and I am going in circles.

I have now written to one of the directors whose address (hopefully correct) is in the phone book and also sent a letter to Frogbus BP36 Argeles sur Mer 66700

Hopefully this might get a response.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

I feel very sorry for anybody who had paid up front for a bus transfer that never arrived and meant they missed a flight and all that means.

On the other hand I always was wary of an outfit calling itself "Frogbus". Let's face it this has less than complimentary allusions to our French hosts. As a family we never used them relying instead on a network of friends and public transport.

I don't think you will get your money back or any compensation.

Mary S

PS Exposing this possible scam via Lindep sounds like a good idea. Not that it will achieve much in cash terms!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Mary ...what is lindep ?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I would think Merisin means L'Independent!
Dylan
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Thanks Sue

I is amazing to me that this thread has been running for over a week with 50+ postings and nothing at all from Frogbus...just wondering if they should be emailled a link in case they wish to respond