FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Word of mouth works wonders. There may only be 3 people on this forum who have been affected, but not everyone who uses Frogbus uses this forum.

I did mention this thread to the owner of an apt in Perpignan that I manage, a lot of his family and clients use the service, so far without a problem.......but one day it could be them.

As a one poster commented, are you really supposed to book the journey before the one you really need to ensure arrival at your destination?

Jim and Mary, This thread is obviously of some interest to you , amusing even but please do not try to ridicule those that have been left high and dry!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

I am amazed by the length of this thread and the persistence of some posters,I cant help but think there must be some kind of hidden agenda.
Its not that I don't believe the few complaints that started the thread but the fact that there have not been any additional issues posted would suggest that it has not been a major problem.
I certainly would be very upset if I was left twiddling my thumbs at a bus stop waiting for a service which I had already paid for, I would,however, make contact directly with the service supplier and demand my money back.
Factoring it up to 100 occurrences theoretically and making accusations of fraud is, in my opinion, going a bit far !
I would agree with the poster who suggested that the whole transport system in the area is a bit chaotic, while the local service is good,there are some nearby cities where it is impossible to get links and the heavily subsidized one Euro fares which must make it very difficult for any genuine competition.
By the way I have been using Frogbus fairly regularly for 6 or 7 years without any issues, I am a little surprised that they have not responded to the complaints, maybe they don't read the forum
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Redneckover ..do you not find it interesting that whilst the link has been forwarded to Frogbus there has been no comment from them at all...tell me would be happy to have missed your flight ...had to buy another at no doubt a very high price and not even have received an apology and at least a refund of the ticket you had purchased from Frogbus without further problem.....
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Frogbus has been a supporter of POL since the bus company was set up and vice versa. They paid for advertising in the mag and on the site (until they didn't :roll:) and in the past have come onto the forum and answered queries, offered advice.

I find this thread a little unsettling, because, although I agree 100% with the people who have been left high and dry, and with the principle, we must be careful that this thread doesn't become a personal vendetta ie mentioning Joe by name, address etc because the gripe is with the company not the individual.
Obviously, I know that most people are aware of this and have no intention of laying anybody out in the local kaff :lol:

Any representative of Frogbus would of course be welcome to respond on the forum
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Kate
If you had a like button I would have pushed it for your comment.
John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

blackduff wrote:Have the complaints complete this registered letter as required. If you haven't done this, you're not going to get anything.

This thread is up to six pages now. Yet, I only see three complaints for the frogbus problem. Frogbus might be ready to give the money they want but they haven't asked for anything yet-officially.

Rose, what did your father tell you the expression: Mouth but no trousers... . This is similar for those which haven't created and sent any registered letter, stating the problem.

Blackduff
Letters have been sent to the Company & Director.
Address on T & C is nothing to do with Frogbus
Frogbus have been told about this blog.
Paul
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Kate wrote:Frogbus has been a supporter of POL since the bus company was set up and vice versa. They paid for advertising in the mag and on the site (until they didn't :roll:) and in the past have come onto the forum and answered queries, offered advice.

I find this thread a little unsettling, because, although I agree 100% with the people who have been left high and dry, and with the principle, we must be careful that this thread doesn't become a personal vendetta ie mentioning Joe by name, address etc because the gripe is with the company not the individual.
Obviously, I know that most people are aware of this and have no intention of laying anybody out in the local kaff :lol:

Any representative of Frogbus would of course be welcome to respond on the forum
Kate
Thank you for your comments. I believe the complainants are addressing the issue directly with Frogbus.
The thread was initiated to ask for suggestions because I had run out of ideas. I was also hopeful that Frogbus would take their customers complaints seriously
Phil Harris
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Phil Harris »

I've watched this correspondence with interest. Kate is right to sound a note of caution, though for practical (though of course not for legal) purposes a company is often indistinguishable from the individuals running it (look at Ryanair!). Like other correspondents, I have never had a problem with Frogbus whenever I or my family have used it; but the difficult experience of some writers DOES emphasise that the region's transportation system is rather eccentric, especially for those of us who have interests in France but need to rely on flights to and from northern Spain. For these reasons, I would be delighted to see a response from Frogbus so that everyone's confidence in their service can be reinforced.
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

After a PM received this morning, may I just say that I am in no way having a go at posters in this thread. In my opinion, it is a fair and well balanced assessment of a situation - some people are very satisfied with the Frogbus service, some aren't and all have a right to express their views.

It is also useful to be aware of problems, so that Frogbus travellers can be prepared in advance and have plan B ready to roll. It would, however, be reassuring if Frogbus would let people know that these are rare? blips, and they are being investigated, or that strategies are in place to prevent them occurring in the future.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Kate ...you make very good points which I am sure no one would disagree with
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Anything heard from Frogbus yet ?
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Nigel
I am in UK now but according to my neighbour in France as of yesterday I have no mail ie. no reply to my 2 separate letters. To two separate Frogbus addresses. I do not think I am going to get any response at all.
Paul
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

What a shame. A little communication works wonders to restore confidence.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Just seems amazing to me that they can't be bother to even reply....the attitude seems to be if you ignore it it will go away....
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Pauljhonley wrote:Nigel
I am in UK now but according to my neighbour in France as of yesterday I have no mail ie. no reply to my 2 separate letters. To two separate Frogbus addresses. I do not think I am going to get any response at all.
Paul
Paul
Did you send the letters as "Registered" which will prove that Frogbus received the letters. Then you would have proof that they got the letter and you could expect that they will return your letter.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

blackduff wrote:
Pauljhonley wrote:Nigel
Paul
Paul
Did you send the letters as "Registered" which will prove that Frogbus received the letters. Then you would have proof that they got the letter and you could expect that they will return your letter.

Blackduff
Absolutely
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Attention Frogbus users

Post by Rose »

I have been tracking my registered letter to Frogbus, in which I asked for the return of the expenses I incurred in July. The French postman attempted to deliver it but there was no one to sign for it on Friday. It is now up to Frogbus to pick it up or it will be returned to me.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

The other day I saw a brand new minibus. On it were two logos. ATV (Argeles Tourisme et Voyages) and a frog. Maybe ATV and Frogbus are one and the same. Hope this helps.

Mary
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Think the ATV buses have always, for some reason, had a frog on Mary because it confused me too.
Dylan
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

We have just had some guests who have arrived from Girona Airport...They bought and paid for tickets at the airport to Le Boulou but when the bus arrived at Girona Railway Station they were made to get off the bus as there were people to get on at the station which over filled the bus...they were told to try and get the next bus ...no refund was made and they had to get a cab to us in France...this is appalling...but I guess there will be no refund apology or response from Frogbus....this service must stop
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

:shock:

That is disgusting!
I ffeel my hackles rising just thinking about that. You cannot let the company get away with treatment like that. I think someone already gave the address of the consomateurs, if not please pm me and iI will help you.They are there to ensure you get what you paid for....your friends certainly did not!
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

REALITY CHECK SVP
How many times in London and the bus keeps going when you have been waiting trying to get a place ~ the bus has been full.

Another Reality Check:
I had a seat reserved for Rome to Lucern. This is a specific seat number and it was pre-paid.

When the train backed into the Gare and people were tossing their baggage into the windows and people were jumping into the cars were still moving. When I managed to get into the train, I couldn't get to my place, since the train was well full. I managed to stand from Rome to Bologna (sp?) and then I found a seat that I could sit for the train to Milano. The train never become empty and I was just happy to return to Lucern. I've had Italian travellling other times and it's pretty much the same.

Another Reality Checkout
I had a train from Lucern to Paris on a long holiday weekend. The Swiss train dropped me off and I changed into the French train on a different part of the Gare. My ticket was for a specific seat, located in a specific car~I paid for the top price of the ticket. This time I was able to find my seat. But the whole train was full for the voyage to Paris. A girl came into my cabin and told me she had a ticket too but she couldn't make it to find her place. This train was chock-a-block and if you're lucky to find your destination to Paris. I let the girl to sit partially onto my lap and partially onto a neighbors lap. It was a night-train so the travel wasn't too bad, especially with a nice girl. All of the voyagers were happy to arrive in Paris and nobody asked for money back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't want to start with tickets and airplane travel.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Sorry Blackduff, I have to disagree, we are not talking London/Rome/Paris or anywhere else. It is a bus that has a schedule and a booking madate list. It is not sticking to either.

Anyone who knows me will realise I do not put up with shoddy service, this is not my battle to fight, thank goodness, but I will certainly help if I can.
Debeneur.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Blackduff ...very interesting what you are saying but in the case I was talking about tickets were purchased before boarding at airport and the we told to get off at the station in Girona as the bus was overcrowded....please try to justify that....I am please that you are at least arguing the case on behalf of Frogbus as they seem not to care at all....are you connected with them at all ?...do you know the local employee ?
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Nigel wrote:Blackduff ...very interesting what you are saying but in the case I was talking about tickets were purchased before boarding at airport and the we told to get off at the station in Girona as the bus was overcrowded....please try to justify that....I am please that you are at least arguing the case on behalf of Frogbus as they seem not to care at all....are you connected with them at all ?...do you know the local employee ?
Nigel
First, I have nothing with Frogbus. I've never used them and I only seen Joe once or twice at the Cafe des Artistes in Laroque. So, I'm not taking the part of Frogbus. Mostly I'm saying that in reality, transportation is sporadic and mostly you're disappointed more often than not.

The two times I mentioned about Rome/Lucern which was an aller/retour paid from a tourist agency in Lucern. The same agency bought the tickets for the aller/retour to Paris. So the trips are similar with the Frogbus problem you've posted.

Probably my post is that people look at tavelling on companies like Frogbus, expect you're having an adventure. Buy a small book and write down this episode~you can read this and get some real joy from the trip you made.

Blackduff
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have nothing to do with this, have never used Frogbus services and mostly I agree with things Blackduff says on other subjects but not on this. If you have bought your ticket and have commenced your journey then surely its the people at the next stops that are refused entry, if the bus is full, and asked to wait for the next bus. I must admit I would feel pretty sorry for them too as its not like a London bus where there is one every 10 minutes. I personally think the driver of the bus acted despicably.
Dylan
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

This thread is a bit like Frogbus. Going round and round in ever decreasing circles and going nowhere!

Mary
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Nigel wrote:Blackduff ...very interesting what you are saying but in the case I was talking about tickets were purchased before boarding at airport and the we told to get off at the station in Girona as the bus was overcrowded....please try to justify that....I am please that you are at least arguing the case on behalf of Frogbus as they seem not to care at all....are you connected with them at all ?...do you know the local employee ?
Nigel
When the tickets at the airport, is this an agent of Frogbus or is this a counter "place" which sells tickets for many types of buses/taxiis, etc.? If this ticket was bought at a counter "place", then they're the ones who are responsible for giving you a "seat" ticket.

Again, I've never entered the airport in Girona, so I'm just asking why this happens. Frogbus has seems more than customers than seats. With eight pages of posting, nobody has not started to agree on finding a better way to come/go from Girona airport.

Of the people who posted here, have they used Perpicat services? I've seen many months back saying it's bad too. Yet, I do know someone who uses this service periodically. I think that the pickup services is better than driving to Le Boulou and pickup the bus at that place.

Black Taxis are being used but they're not cheap. Yet, you can get back and forth when it's needed. How about train/taxi combo to the airport in Girona. Someone doing this? Rose, what are you using now? Have you found a better service? Can you tell the rest what you have use.

Blackduff
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Before this eight-page thread disappears (it's going nowhere at present) has anyone considered driving to Girona Airport? It's only 65 miles each way from Argelès for example and takes about 75 minutes using the A9.
If the forum could co-ordinate lifts offered/lifts needed, I am sure fuel & toll contributions would be less than all the hassle that bus "services" seem to generate.
I for one, will post seat availability, dates & times for both Barcelona El Prat & Barcelona Girona.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.