FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Post by Pauljhonley »

Unfortunately when Frogbus’ services don’t go well their performance is disappointing to say the least.
When on 16th April the bus didn’t show at Le Boulou for a trip to Girona airport and I called Alistair at Frogbus I was advised that the bus had had an accident and that I had to make my own arrangements to get to the airport for my flight.
Frogbus did offer to reimburse the ticket fare and pay something towards my costs.
Now bearing in mind Frogbus and Perpicat estimate the cost by car to be 58 euros and the bus fare was 15 euros I thought my claim for 57.60 euros to be a fair one.
After 3 months involving 20 phone calls and 6 emails I still have no reimbursement even though I have had 3 promises of payment by Frogbus.
Has anyone succeeded in contacting Frogbus on their website because I hevent even after 6 attempts.
If anyone has any good ideas please send them to me otherwise I am giving up and moving my and all my customers bookings to Perpicat.
Paul Jackson
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Far more important, I should have thought: did you get to the airport in time?
Helen
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Probably....a sweaty nervous wreck!

I would have thought it would be simple enough for them to deploy another bus and driver :idea:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus.

Post by Rose »

I am still waiting but will write.
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

It's taking an age to edit all of these.
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I will be very interested to see if Frogbus respond to any of these points...I certainly will treat them with far more caution in future...missing a flight with Ryanair would be too expensive especially when they do not provide any compensation...I assume they must carry some insurance...the above stories just seem a case of bad management .....all businesses have problems and mishaps from time to time but what matters is how they are dealt with.....trying to avoid paying up seems to make the whole thing far worse
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Post by blackduff »

Pauljhonley wrote:Unfortunately when Frogbus’ services don’t go well their performance is disappointing to say the least.
When on 16th April the bus didn’t show at Le Boulou for a trip to Girona airport and I called Alistair at Frogbus I was advised that the bus had had an accident and that I had to make my own arrangements to get to the airport for my flight.
Frogbus did offer to reimburse the ticket fare and pay something towards my costs.
Now bearing in mind Frogbus and Perpicat estimate the cost by car to be 58 euros and the bus fare was 15 euros I thought my claim for 57.60 euros to be a fair one.
After 3 months involving 20 phone calls and 6 emails I still have no reimbursement even though I have had 3 promises of payment by Frogbus.
Has anyone succeeded in contacting Frogbus on their website because I hevent even after 6 attempts.
If anyone has any good ideas please send them to me otherwise I am giving up and moving my and all my customers bookings to Perpicat.
Paul Jackson
Look through the posts in the Anglophone-Direct for a similar problem but this was from problems from Perpicat. The poster said he will stop using them and tell his customers not to use this anymore.

So, if Perpicat isn't the way to make-sure your transportation to Girona, why don't you arrange a personal valet (again, look within the A-D pages two days back) and make sure you're going to make the flight.

Whereas compensation seems common in the UK, I doubt that this happens often here. This thread is mostly about the compensation yet the real need is finding a secure method to drive to Girona.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Thanks for all the comments.
If Frogbus will not responsibly react to its customer complaints then they deserve to lose their business.
I would prefer that they come clean, listen and improve their service.
If they don't want to pay compensation then they should not promise it but they should at least give a free ticket for lost journeys
Paul
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Blackduff..it seems like a simple breach of contract to me...(subject to any terms which can be legally included before the contract is made) .are you saying there is no remedy for such a breach and the buyer therefore carries all the risk..
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Nigel wrote:Blackduff..it seems like a simple breach of contract to me...(subject to any terms which can be legally included before the contract is made) .are you saying there is no remedy for such a breach and the buyer therefore carries all the risk..
Nigel
I'm just saying, "pay with your shoes". Don't use them again. Any company which doesn't please their customers, they will close their doors.

I have never used Frog bus nor Perpicat. What does their tickets say about compensation? I guess that there will say nothing about compensation. Have a look at your Ryan Air's tickets ~ I'm almost certain that there's nothing about compensation. Even getting your money back is tough with O'Leary.

Incidently the "Private Chaffeur/Valet" posting is gone now. But there's a lot of other choices for getting rides to Girona. Les Alberes have a lot of vehicles coming and going to the airports. Have a few drinks some evening at the bars in Laroque. Ask some of the others at the bar can put you onto the drivers. Cheaper than a taxi but more expensive than the bus tickets. Yet, the drivers will pick-up you from your home.

Blackduff ~ I am not an airport driver
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

just had a quick look at their T and C's

13. Reclamations
a. Defaillance Si vous souhaitez effectuer une reclamation, celle-ci doit etre adressee par courrier recommande avec accuse de reception a l’adresse suivante : 7 Impasse des Soupirs 66700 Argeles sur Mer, France. Elle doit etre accompagnee du titre de transport et autres justificatifs dans un delai de 15 jours a compter de la date de la defaillance, a defaut elle ne sera pas traitee. b. Bagages Toute reclamation pour perte, vol ou avarie de bagage doit etre faite par le voyageur immediatement au conducteur ou par courrier recommande avec accuse de reception et accompagnee de l’original du titre de transport au plus tard 15 jours apres la fin du trajet, a l’adresse suivante : 7 Impasse des Soupirs 66700 Argeles sur Mer, France L’indemnite reparatrice en cas de dommages causes aux bagages enregistres, ne pourra exceder un montant de 150 euros par bagage, limite a 300 euros par voyageur. Le transporteur n’assume aucune responsabilite pour les bagages non transportes en soute. Lors des changements d’autocars, des correspondances et des passages en douane, les bagages sont sous l’entiere responsabilite des passagers.

13. Reclamations
a. Fault with If you want to make a claim, it must be addressed by registered mail with return receipt to the following address: 7 Impasse of Sighs 66700 Argeles sur Mer, France. It must be accompanied of the ticket and other evidence within a period of 15 days from the date of failure, failing will not be processed. b. Any claims for lost luggage, stolen or damaged luggage must be made by the traveler immediately the driver or by registered mail with return receipt and accompanied by the original ticket no later than 15 days after the end of the journey was the following address: 7 Impasse of Sighs 66700 Argeles sur Mer, France restorative compensation in case of damage to checked baggage causes, may not exceed an amount of EUR 150 per bag, limited to 300 euros per passenger. Carrier assumes no responsibility for such baggage transported in the hold. When changing coaches, correspondence and passing through customs, baggage is under the full responsibility of the passengers.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

For those trying to get refund etc it may be worth a visit to

7 Impasse des Soupirs 66700 Argeles sur Mer, France
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Thanks Nigel.
Seeing as I live close to Impasse de Sighs I set off and called in at 5pm.
Massive villa round the back of all main roads all shuttered up and nobody in.
Name on the post box is M et MDMA Yousef Touati.

Next step is write and I'll try another call in.
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Satbloke66 »

Pauljhonley wrote:Thanks Nigel.
Seeing as I live close to Impasse de Sighs I set off and called in at 5pm.
Massive villa round the back of all main roads all shuttered up and nobody in.
Name on the post box is M et MDMA Yousef Touati.

Next step is write and I'll try another call in.
You are wasting your time with that villa - I used to look after the pool there, and I know for a fact that it is in no way associated with Frog Bus any longer.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Oh dear seems that Frogbus is invisible.
This is too challenging to drop. It's even better thanCandy Crush.
I might go try the Frogbus agent in Argeles.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

If this had been my business, I would have been posting in this thread immediately. It takes a lot to build a company's reputation but very little to destroy it.

Pearson
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

:(
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Frogbus

Post by Pauljhonley »

Rose wrote:This is also being discussed on the Angloinfo Languedoc site. Seems there are disgruntled customers there as well. One went to the police and made a complaint of fraud and got his money back. Looks like I will have to do that as well.
Rose
Where is the Angloinfo site?
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

allencm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perpicat St. Cyprien to Girona

Post by allencm »

Myself, my family and friends have used Perpicat for the last few years and are always happy with the service. Sometimes if they are not collecting anyone after you from the airport they will text you with an earlier collection time, which is great.
Catherine
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

I have also had some excellent service from Perpicat. Friendly and helpful. I have been picked up at the end of my street (off the normal route) at about 5am for an early flight and likewise dropped off too.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by monsans »

I have equally had the reverse experiences with Perpicat i.e. not collected for a flight in Barcelona at 3.30 a.m. Take your choice take your chance!!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I find it amazing there have been no posts from Frogbus..they seem not to care about their passengers
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Nigel
You are right.
They do not care about their customers.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I've followed this thread but I have to say, I have never used Frogbus, I am not likely to use them, nor am I seeking to defend them.

It does however seem strange to expect Frogbus to defend itself in a forum thread that it may not even be aware of.

It also seems pretty unrealistic to expect compensation because a coach journey was cancelled.

Their terms and conditions are very explicit, they can cancel whenever they like, do not pay compensation and their liability is limited to the fare paid. This is the pretty much the same as National Express Coaches in the UK and I would expect most other coach companies.

Its a fact of life that if every transport company paid compensation whenever their service was disrupted then fares would increase significantly.
oiesauvage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oiesauvage »

It seems a bit Ott to me too to expect anything other than a refund unless I read this wrong?
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

A virtual company.
Last edited by Rose on Thu 01 Aug 2013 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Frogbus

Post by blackduff »

Rose wrote:If the SNCR train journeys arrive more than 2 hours late then compensation is paid. Airlines are also expected to pay out if journeys are delayed. If I book a ticket for a bus that does not arrive and I then incur extra charges for tolls and petrol, they have not honoured their contract with me. This is a company registered in Ireland not France. Would like to know the EU rules on this. They call themselves a virtual coach company. It's another Michael O'Leary type of company. They ask for a mobile 'phone number to contact you if there are problems but do not contact you. You are also unable to contact them because they refuse to answer their 'phones or e-mails when they ask you to e-mail them. Their office address is false. Their online site also offers reductions for over 55s but there is nowhere to add your age to take advantage of the reductions. All mouth but no trousers, as my Dad used to say!
Rose
Why do you think Frogbus has a "False" address. Is this just by what the previous poster said? I sure wouldn't put a statement "false" if you're not ready to pay compensation from the Frogbus. The address you're mentioning is a business address. Joe might have a partner with Yousef. In any case, how can you make statements without checking.

Blackduff
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

SNCF

Post by tubs »

A bit of praise for SNCF. On 11th June we travelled down by train. At Gare de Lyon our train to Perpignan had a problem. We waited for a replacement, which turned up in 30 minutes. In the event we arrived at Perpignan 35 minutes late which meant we had missed the last connection to Argeles. We had only purchased our advance tickets to Perpignan so had to take a taxi to St Genis, however if we had had a ticket through to Argeles, SNCF would have provided a taxi to Argeles to complete the journey.
On the delayed train we were kept informed at all times and given a nice picnic box of food and water along with a refund form.
We completed the form and sent it off and received €75 in refund within a couple of weeks.

A big pat on the back to SNCF for making a huge effort to make things easier when things go wrong. Credit where credit's due.