FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Have they been closed down ?? No booking facility no business ?
Phil Harris
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Phil Harris »

Watching from the UK this latest correspondence unfold.....can no-one on the forum get any info as to whether this outfit is in business or not?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

RECEIVED BY EMAIL

My email to Frogbus just bounced. Presume they've folded.
Do you have any information?
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus Users Attention

Post by Rose »

Their Twitter and Facebook pages have gone. They must owe 100s of euros if you google Frogbus and see all the complaints over Sept. and Oct.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Well at least no one else is going to be caught by them......does anyone know the local person who was running it here.....would be interesting to see if what personal liability they have....
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Nigel wrote:Well at least no one else is going to be caught by them......does anyone know the local person who was running it here.....would be interesting to see if what personal liability they have....
Hi Nigel
I seem to remember a poster saying he frequents a Golf Cafe in St Genis.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

I have actually had an answer from Frogbus about the situation.
I have also told him again that they need to improve their reliability but that I hope they sort the situation out.
Maybe once they do then their reliability might improve will but until then I will continue to use Perpicat.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I was promised a phone call from someone call Alistair....of course I never got the call...
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

This is an email address from last year for a Joe Shannon = joe@frogbus.com

Anybody any luck with the Tel No i posted recently... i haven't
spj
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by spj »

For everyone's information, FROGBUS have gone bust.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

QED
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Do you have anymore info on company going bust ....in France Ireland or Spain... knowing which law applies means we can then consider remedies against directors personally
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Possibly you might see Joe Shannon at the Christmas Fayre on Sunday. I've heard he will be selling Tee Shirts with the Frogbus logo. Even if Joe doesn't arrive, the Sunday Christmas Fayre should be worth visiting.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

I'm sorry to hear that Frogbus have gone out of business, I have used them on and off for about 6 or 7 years without any problem.
The demand for their services has probably been badly affected by reduction in Ryanair flights to/from Girona and the Aer Lingus direct service to Perpignan.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Nigel wrote:Do you have anymore info on company going bust ....in France Ireland or Spain... knowing which law applies means we can then consider remedies against directors personally
Seems a bit extreme for a few bus fares!
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus Users Attention

Post by Rose »

It is not a few. Search the web and find out. He owes me 115 euros.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Allan..why do you feel it is a bit extreme ?.....if Alistair had bothered to honour his promise and ring and try to explain the problems I and many others MAY have been more sympathetic ...but he chose the model of ignore it and it will go away......often things do not go away
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Nigel wrote:Allan..why do you feel it is a bit extreme ?.....if Alistair had bothered to honour his promise and ring and try to explain the problems I and many others MAY have been more sympathetic ...but he chose the model of ignore it and it will go away......often things do not go away
First of all I have no connection with Frogbus and don't know what company structure they have.

I have however dealt with many businesses that have failed and eventually gone bust owing me money. With smaller businesses, the pattern is always the same, they start off by fobbing people off and progress to not answering calls or emails.

They fob people off because there is nothing else they can do. You say you would have been more sympathetic but imagine if they had said to you 'Sorry we can't pay you we are broke' then it would most probably have been all over Facebook and various forums, if not by you then by the next aggrieved customer, scuppering any chance of rescuing the company.

Of course there are companies that take people's money and deliberately fold, but rarely after several years in business. More commonly it is a change in market conditions or the economic climate.

If they are structured as a limited company or the equivalent, then the owners liability is limited to their investment and beyond that creditors lose their money. The owners of Frogbus have probably lost a lot of money and possibly their livelihoods, certainly more than a few bus fares. Paying up front for anything always carries a risk, you took the risk and it didn't pay off, get over it.

When it happens to me, I reflect on the benefit the organisation has been to me in the past. Frogbus has clearly provided a service that people have welcomed for many years you should regret its loss not pursue its owners vindictively.

Of course if the owners have acted criminally then that's a different thing but I've read nothing in this thread to suggest they were anything other than a struggling business that eventually failed.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Agree entirely with Alan.

I have been in that situation myself. My SARL went bankrupt after 25 years. It is a horrible experience for the owner. I ended up losing my house and my marriage failed with all the stress. Also I stupidly borrowed a lot of money to try to keep the company afloat and have still to pay it all off.

Pearson
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

frogbus

Post by monsans »

Want the names of Irish lawyers, no problem, they will cost a fortune though!! Really worth it.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

There are many reasons/excuses as to why a business behaves as it does when it is going or likely to go bust. What would the Frogbus situation be called, in that they continued to take money off people and not provide the service. Would it be sad-unfortunate-only a bus ticket or would it be criminal-fraud-scam-theft.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Depending on the jurisdiction if Frogbus was trading whilst insolvent then there could be a personal liability on the directors.....the veil of limited liability can be lifted...
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

I don't think that Frogbus has gone bust. They are a virtual bus company which owns no buses or assets.
It is the operator who has gone bust.
Frogbus can & is trying to set up another operator.

It was most probably the operator who let the passengers down.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus Users Attention

Post by Rose »

But the operator has shares in the company.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus Users Attention

Post by Rose »

I would have been sympathetic if I had received a 'phone call explaining there were problems. Instead, I was fobbed off and told to send a registered letter to an address advertised on their site and it was returned to me in the UK with a 'Not Known at this address.' I used them many times and was happy with the service. If they are able to set themselves up once more with a new operator will they refund my money and the money they have taken from numerous others?
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

oops doesnt look good
http://www.frogbus.com/fr
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Could you translate what this means please
CATALAN66