Car value - right hand drive

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

ponygal
Rank 0
Rank 0

Car value - right hand drive

Post by ponygal »

Hello,
I am looking to sell a RHD, french registered 2004 LandRover Freelander TD4 and am wondering how to go about asking a fair price. Does anyone know of a guide which will allow you to get prices for RHD cars? Thanks for any help/advice offered.
Lucy
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There are a couple of suggestions at the bottom of this article that may be useful. http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Buying ... -in-France
Good luck
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Lucy
I spoke with a friend today about your car. He thinks that the person should look on the LeBonCoin and check for the prices for left handed Freelanders. It's certain you will not get more money than the Left hand vehicle.There was a LH Freelander (year 2003) for roughly 3,000€ listed.

If you want more money for the Freelander you have, compared from those listed on the LeBonCoin, I think you're going to wait for a long time to sell the vehicle.

Two years back I sold my Discovery. Take a look at this site:
http://blackduff.free.fr/index.htm
The bottom price ended down to 8,000€ and this Discovery was in Pristine condition. It was a 2002 with 135,000 kms. Maybe you can compare your Freelander and the price you're hoping.

When you get a price that you can accept, put the advert on LeBonCoin. This gives results and you can adjust your price is it's too high. Put a few photos and this will help selling the Freelander.

Good luck on finding a buyer.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I just looked on uk auto trader, there are a few listed on there around 2.500 GBP
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

As it would be a good towing vehicle, why not put an ad & the price you decide on this forum and others not far away. You might find someone with eg a boat/caravan/camping trailer to tow, or just someone who is moving back to UK and needs a vehicle to take stuff in
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

RHD French Reg

Post by rhys »

Why not post much fuller details on this site, together with a coupla pics. Incl one of engine / tyres / interior / milometer / etc..

Year is not necessarily a guide to condition.

I think it is free to advertise n'est-ce pas ?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yep, free as a bird :lol: