Perpignan Airport Parking

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

jecjcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perpignan Airport Parking

Post by jecjcr »

Help Please

I have purchased 3 months of parking at Perpignan Airport, and have my 'carte d'abonnment'.

But, how do I use it? I was told that I had to touch it on something when I enter and leave the car park. I had a quick look at the ticket readers at the entrance and exit and they do not seem to have touch pads.

You will help some poor person stuck behind me at the exit if you were able to explain the system to me.

Thank you in advance

John Currer
John & Jane
Bagshot & Prades
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Car parking Perpignan

Post by tubs »

As far as I remember we had to put our abonnement into the pay machine outside and then you get another ticket to put into the machine at the barrier.

We were confused as well! It's a while since we've done it so they might have changed the system. I'm sure someone will confirm whether I'm right or not.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

As of 3 months ago (we now park at Beziers airport) there was no specific touch pad and you just waved your plastic abonnement card close to the machine and the barrier opened. Don't try to insert it in the slot.

If it doesn't work, there should always be someone on duty at the information desk to help.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Perpignan airport parking

Post by Rose »

Hi. I have a prepaid card. You just wave it around at the machine as you leave the car park. The barriers will then lift. If you have a problem you press a button and speak to the people at the desk where you paid for your card. Don't throw the card away as I did once. You keep it for the next time you need to prepay.