Bus R7

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Bus R7

Post by tubs »

Has anyone used the bus R7 from Perpignan airport to Perpignan station recently? Is it reliable?
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Any info? I will be using this as well in may (first time in 5~6 yrs).
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

R7 bus

Post by tubs »

It'll be the first time for ages for us as well. Have been coming down by train more and more. After loads of digging on the Internet I came up with this site
http://www.ctpmperpignan.com/ which gives the times of the buses. They appear to be every 30 minutes but the nearest you can get to the station is FNAC we think. We are coming on the 4th of May and will be trying it out. I will report back on how it goes (if it goes!) and let you know. We are also then attempting to catch a bus from the station to St Genis. Wish us luck!!!!
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: R7 bus

Post by Sav »

tubs wrote:We are also then attempting to catch a bus from the station to St Genis. Wish us luck!!!!
That bit should be plain sailing ;)

Cheers Sav :)
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by John & Elaine »

The last I heard it was still terminating at the train station.

John
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

R7 bus

Post by tubs »

Oh, even better. Hope that's the case.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

http://www.languedoc-holiday-guide.com/perpignan/

According to the above link there are buses from the airport to train and bus stations.
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

R7 bus

Post by tubs »

Thanks Sue but I'm not sure their info is up to date as they mention flights by BMI Baby who don't exist anymore! I know there used to be a navette operating but I think now it is a "proper" bus operated by CTPM who are Compagnie Transports Perpignan Mediterranee who run the buses around Perpignan apparently.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

R7 bus

Post by tubs »

Just to update you. The journey from Perpignan airport on the R 7 bus was plain sailing. The bus left the airport on time and arrived at Place Catalogne in about 20 mins. Walked up to Perpignan station and caught a direct bus to St Genis. All very straightforward. The price is €1.10 on the R7 and of course €1 on the local bus.
Returned the same way. Much cheaper than a taxi!!! Judging by the number of English people getting on the bus at Place Catalogne to go to the airport on our return journey, we're not the only ones to be using this method of transport!
Caroline
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Caroline »

And just in case you have lots of luggage, le p,tit bus can take you from Fnac to the station - for free!
Caroline
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

I did this as well all easy and ok, bit of a wait for the connecting bus to St Cyp but for the cost was great value.